Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
2,664 Replies
userEVvHXIni6x
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Probably just overlooked letting the masses know.  Simple to forget really.

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@userKeYo5XGa0Z wrote:

I just talked to Samsung Customer support and they claimed a fix would be released Friday for this reboot loop issue.

Did they indicate how the fix will be accomplished?

By firmware download to a USB device or will everyone have to get an RMR and ship their units to Samsung for repair?

Or does it depend on which model?

0 Likes
rowlf914
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Finally...maybe an answer.....

Hi everyone....I chatted with Samsung for the sixth straight day a bit ago, and after going through the same back and forth, I finally got semi-nasty and used SHOUTY CAPITALS to voice my displeasure, and pretty much demanded either a fix or a replacement.  I was told that 'it has been determined that my unit needs to be sent to a repair center for repair'.  I provided infomation to them to send me a box.  They do not have a turnaround time as of now.  

This is the first potential 'solution' I've seen on any of these forums that is not speculation.  Hopefully this is real and my unit will be repaired/replaced.

Has anyone else had a similar contact with anyone at Samsung?   I'll post updates if I get anything new.

Options
Home Theater

Is your unit under warranty?

0 Likes
rowlf914
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

It is not under warranty.  I specifically asked whether or not the repair and shipping was covered by Samsung and was told yes, it would be.  I saved the text so when they come back and say I do have to pay for it I will have proof.  So it's not resolved, but it's a better answer than anything I've seen so far.

0 Likes
Greyman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

So it looks like at least some models cannot be fixed remotely and that Samsung might be thinking of a expecting customers to come forward, rather than to issue a recall notice(s).

0 Likes
rowlf914
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Mine is over a year out of warranty.  I did provide the model and serial number to them several times.  The fact that they say they are going to repair/replace my out of warranty unit tells me that they know these units are flawed, and yes, people will probably have to reach out to them in order to get a repair/replaement.   

I was told I'd receive an email with instructions and information within a few hours.  Again, I'll update this as I get more information.

BTW...I am not a Samsung rep...everything I am saying is either what they have directly told me, or speculation.

Keep bugging them...apparently it's working!!!

0 Likes
userHukXmWEvFM
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Our unit went down with all the others and we have been waiting for it to be resolved. It is still an issue so chatting with Samsung and they are telling me that there are no issues with our models! There absolutely weren't any issues until they did something to cause all of our blu ray players to loop continuously! So, it is OUR problem now! I have to buy a new unit now but it absolutely will NOT be a Samsung! Shame on you Samsung!

Greyman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

have you checked for others mentioning your model in this thread?  

Either way, it might still be an idea to see what they come up with, by way of a fix.  

It might even be tomorrow.  🙂

userHukXmWEvFM
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. I was so frustrated after chatting with them yesterday!

They did offer to send me to a service rep but when I asked if it was going to cost me anything, they said because my unit was out of warranty that yes, I would have to pay for repairs. 😡

Does anyone else have the BD5700 / BD5700/za?