Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
2,664 Replies
usertTVDj4LtaP
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same issue here. Just started this afternoon. Bad firmware update or alien invasion.

0 Likes
userTfvdNzDjmS
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same here, HT J5500... tech support was zero help, but did get a job ticket #... hoping a flash firmware update rolls out soon. Lots of people in the same boat, unfortunately.

0 Likes
usernf38QfPv5X
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Thanks for all of your replies. I guess we will all have to wait for a firmware update. 

0 Likes
user7T8qFtWNWJ
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I HAVE THREE OF THESE UNITS AND ALL ARE RECYCLING ON/OFF AND CANNOT BE RESET.  HELP !!!!!  SAMSUNG...WHAT HAPPENED AT YOUR END?  THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE HAVING SAME ISSUE!  SOME RESPONSE WOULD BE APPRECIATED.  THANKS

userG7q71itsZp
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have two BD-J5100s that are both having the exact same issue.  Watching a movie and took a break for dinner.  when we came back, the screen was flashing, and the drive seemed to be starting and stopping over and over again.  The screen would briefly flash "no disk" then it would switch to "playing" and the screen would go dark like the movie was going to begin.  then the drive would stop and the home screen would come up again.  This continues until I unplug the player.  Since I have another player downstairs I decided to plug it in and finish the movie.  plugged it in and it said it required a firmware update, so I complied.  Then inserted the disk and the same thing happened again. 

I cannot factory reset because the player wont accept there is no disk in it.  I have tried different disks, and different tvs with no luck. 

Please Help!

userhUaaSYRWvH
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
userZcuyjUhRHn
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Within the last 24 hours we had all five of our Samsung BD-J5700 Blu-Ray players stop working.

Seems like a very widespread problem.

usera4Zz19dnJ7
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
user355INKFQxs
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Our BD-J5100 also developed this issue at 10 pm on 6/18/20. It was fine yesterday evening.

usermeEtnQ898j
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Adding myself to the long list of complaints.  My HT-J5500W affected by constant reboot issue reported by numerous customers on a number of Samsung Blu-Ray players.  My issue began 18 June 2020.  Had not used the device for a bit, but had worked fine previously.  It exhibits precisely the same continuous reboot problem reported in this thread as well as the one for the HT-J5500W.

0 Likes