Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
2,664 Replies
userbefcUIMRRV
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

This is not a coincidence. There are too many reports of this happening at the same time. I wonder how Panasonic will inform all us owners of the fix. The timing is terrible.

userGPaKOBFXI3
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Add mine to the list. plug it in (after 10 hours), and it just cycles through menus without my powering it on.  First noticed 6/19/20 in the PM  Had been fine the night before.

plugging in and holding the eject button , after a few seconds the tray starts cycling in and out.  releasing the button returns it to the forever cycle.    

You get the tools screen, it seems to select play, and the resets, goes to tools...

all within 2-3 seconds.

userhcp3y3KEYW
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same thing happened here in Minnesota, Wednesday night works fine - Thursday infinite loop on/off - contacted CS via chat online - no help in the end.

userHsM4P77Li7
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Bd-j5700

same issues 🤦‍:male_sign:

plugged in- endless loop (on/off cycle within 2/3 seconds)

(Georgia)

Glad I found this - thought I had done something to it lol . 

userdFy7NrJElJ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I am having the same issue with Endless loop off and on started 6/19/20 around 7:00 p.m. I live in Indiana.

user6e8Cocc7IT
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

This is crazy that everyone is having this issue! It's  10:30am CST here in Chicago

I have 2 of of the BD-J5700 models. Both were working fine yesterday. Turn on the one this morning, and it kept shutting off and restarting. So I figured that the device died, and I went and tried the other one. It was working fine. I put in a DVD, stated watching it for about 20 minutes, no probelm. I stopped the DVD, and turned off the Blu Ray player. 

I came back about 10 minutes later, turned the Blue Ray on and it was doing the same thing as the other device did. Ungplugged all the cables from my device, replugged them back in, and same thing. I took the first Blu Ray player and plugged it directly into the wall, and I could hear it cyclying like it did the first time.  Both devices do not work now. 

I wonder if it has to with an app (Netflix, Youtube, Amazon) that is in the main menu. I'm glad others are having issues because now this is bigger than I thought. I hope this gets fixed soon, if at all. 

userPQRU0olpmo
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

From Customer Service Chat this AM:

8:36 AM
Yes we are aware of issue and are working on a resolution but no ETA at this time. I suggest you to please check back in a few days for a solution on this.

8:36 AM
will you be notifying owners when you have a fix?

8:37 AM
As of now we don't have any update on our end, however, if there is any firmware update will be available you can check it on the product support page below:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2015-blu-ray-disc-player-j5100-series

8:38 AM
how will we update the firmware when the machine won't stay on long enough to do that?

8:38 AM
For now we're collecting the data for the affected devices on our end. Could you please share me the serial number of the player? You can find it on the rear panel.

8:39 AM
Like I said, we're currently looking forward to the solution regarding this issue.

8:39 AM
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

8:40 AM
Thank you for the serial number.

8:42 AM
I noted down the data of your device and will send to the appropriate team. I'm sure we'll come up with a solution soon on this.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Let me know if you have any questions or need any further assistance.
userZxvdSmI0LM
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I'm going to loose Netflix Dark 3rd season !!!!!

0 Likes
userwD3JCeZNIu
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

we have two BDJM57C bluray players.  on/off cycling problem started Thursday June 18 2020 here in PA 

userqrtvUwttEu
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I have two Samsung blu-ray players and both started doing the loop power on/off cycle on June 17th here in Denver, Colorado. Samsung you're on the clock, this is way too big to ingnore !