Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
2,664 Replies
userQ099XARcXL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Add me to the growing list of people who has a messed up Samsung player. Started 2 days ago only I thought it was just mine. But upon further invistigation seems like Samsung messed something up for us all.

I hope they fix this mess ASAP. I had several movies I ordered to watch over fathers day weekend.

(San Antonio, Tx)

user4JlCy34lh6
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My BD-J5700 is also having this problem. I met on support chat first with someone who abandoned me and wasn't very helpful at all, then another person who made a little progress, asked if I had updated the software recently, then promised a fix and also abandoned the chat. I've seen suggestions about putting a disc into the player and attempting a hard reset, but neither helped. The player won't even stay on long enough for a recent to take effect. 

user8qmkd5SUFf
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I set up a Network time server and had it connected into my BD-J5700 with running a dhcp server on my server with the date set back a year.  Still does boot-loop.

usert63hRvJKde
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same issue here.  Called Samsung and they say they are working on it and to check back in two days.  I just wish they will refund me the money I spent on the unti so i can go buy another brand DVD player.  Sorry but this is stupid.  It has to be related to the update to firmware. 

users8MkCkctkU
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Wow!!! I thought I was going crazy or I did something wrong to my machine...I looked all over YouTube to figure out what I did wrong...I plugged it off for the whole day and plugged it in today and still the same issue...I thought doing a soft reset would do the job...but nothing..I hope they do something soon! 

userhtyh8ywDGU
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I just finished a online chat with Samsung support. They are aware of the issue and are working on a solution. No estimated time of a fix, however. I asked them to post something officialy from Samsung in the Community so at least people know something! 🙂

userekwzNbMxJE
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Same issue in NY.  Model BD-J5700/ZA

S/N:0A531RBG205789B

Samsung needs to correct this, or they are loosing a customer for good.

userScL4cFz5fh
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

My is doing the exact same thing since Thursday, whenever the power is plugged in its starts cycling. Had to keep it unpluged for it to not make noise 

userlOcDNhTVIs
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

BD-J5500 got the same problem. So it looks like this was global update which destroyed blue rays!

userpvh7vsSuWr
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Following... same issue for me on HT-J5500W