The volume is stuck at one level and won't change

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ikseoj
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Try turning it off then back on. If that does work...

The problem has been solved on my setup so hopefully this will work for you.  I have a 2016 UN49MU650DFXZA TV and new Q60T soundbar.  Wasn't an issue with my previous M550 soundbar, just with the new Q60T one.

First thing to try is to use the "Universal Remote" option on the tv to setup the tv remote to control the soundbar.  It doesn't seem like this should be necessary as all of the devices are Samsung but it did make the difference and the tv remote always works for the volume now.

I also upgraded the firmware on the tv by manually downloading the latest version from the website and using a USB stick.  This latest version wasn't available through the tv's interface.  I don't know whether this is necessary in addition to setting up the "Universal Remote" but it doesn't seem to hurt.  And actually the TV Plus additional channels are working again.  I did have to reset the Smarthub after this because the app icon bar got messed up but everything seems to be working fine now.

Good luck.

View solution in context

19 Replies
Samsung_BNgmqBN
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Did you your battery in the remote control?

0 Likes
Samsung_BNgmqBN
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Check

0 Likes
Samsung_ASAM
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Try turning it off and on.

aloy
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Thank you! Switching it off and on again actually did the trick. 😀😁

0 Likes
Servior
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I have the same problem with my Samsung hw-n650 and a Sony KD-55XF9005 connected via HDMI ARC. 

Volume cannot be lowered sometimes. Restarting the soundbar or mute fixes the problem.

Latest firmware is installed.

Any fix for this?

Mute or restart is a workaround, not a fix. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

Have you tried using a different HDMI cable? Is Anynet+ turned on, on the soundbar?

0 Likes
user9Q4eUNn6mk
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Still looking for a real fix here. Thanks for calling out the shortcoming in this solution.

Any word from Samsung on what this issue stems from or how to address it?

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Have you also tried disconnecting the TV from the Soundbar and pairing it again by pressing and holding the source button n the right-side panel of the Soundbar for more than 5 seconds to display “BT PAIRING?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userczCBiqBsi5
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Oh my god it's not just me! Did you ever find a solution for this? The CEC soundbar control mostly works - volume up always works, but volume down seems to get "stuck" at a random level....you can volume up from there but volume down always gets stuck at that same level until mute or restart.  I'm seeing it on a Sony TV also (xbr-x930e) and a Samsung HW-M550. 

And to the other replies...Yes I've tried multiple HDMI cables, yes anynet is enabled (otherwise CEC wouldn't work at all) and no, I have not tried re-pairing Bluetooth, since this is ARC over HDMI - it's not using bluetooth