Home Theater

The volume is stuck at one level and won't change

JUMP TO SOLUTION
19 Replies
user9KYx4fW52T
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have the exact same problem! Did you end up finding a fix for this issue userczCBiqBsi5?

I am connecting a Samsung HW-Q70R SoundBar to my Sony 65" X95G TV using ARC.

usero7aYEvyhl5
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I have the same issue. If I use my Nintendo switch then I can't use the volume button and if I go to another app it doesn't work. However, if I go to live tv and then to any other app it works. Any suggestions other than always going to live tv? 

userJoHWvfqKw2
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have samsung soundbar connected to Samsung TV via HDMI (tv ARC).  This magically worked for me:

If your app like Netflix is launched, quit it by holding "back" button on Samsung tv remote. Then press "home button", go to Universal Remote Setup. Click "Samsung" and choose "erase". 

Let me know if it helped!

userC1ZOp9LfEI
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Did you ever find a solution for this?

@userczCBiqBsi5 wrote:

Oh my god it's not just me! Did you ever find a solution for this? The CEC soundbar control mostly works - volume up always works, but volume down seems to get "stuck" at a random level....you can volume up from there but volume down always gets stuck at that same level until mute or restart.  I'm seeing it on a Sony TV also (xbr-x930e) and a Samsung HW-M550. 

And to the other replies...Yes I've tried multiple HDMI cables, yes anynet is enabled (otherwise CEC wouldn't work at all) and no, I have not tried re-pairing Bluetooth, since this is ARC over HDMI - it's not using bluetooth 

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm so frustrated. 

user4mlOfPKP8g
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I have the exact same problem.

TV: Sony Bravia Andriod KD-65XE8596

Soundbar: Samsung M450.

Connected via ARC HDMI. Volume level forms show on the TV. Can't increase or lower the volume unless I mute. 

Any help will be highly appreciated before I throw this soundbar in the bin.

Thanks

userPm2XKPFJXW
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

None of the suggested fixes outlined here work.  I am convinced its a software glitch and told Samsung.  Unfortunately, it fell on deaf ears (no pun intended).  If you don't have the problem TURN OFF AUTOMATIC SOFTWARE UPDATES.  I have thrown in the towel on my pristine 2018 50 inch UHD TV.  Bought a Samsung Crystal UHD  yesterday at BJs for $350 to replace what Samsung may take months or years, if ever, to fix the software.  Good luck to everyone fixing the problem.  I tried everything and nothing worked for more than a few minutes.  Buying from BJs gives me a three year warranty -- much better than the regular 12 month variety you get eleswhere (like Best Buy).   I am going to re-box the "old" TV and monitor Samsung's progress on software updates and will test it when one appears.   If it fixes the issue I will either rebox it or donate it to charity.

0 Likes
Solution
ikseoj
Asteroid
Options