JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dishwasher DW80R9950 - Disconnects from Smart Control/Wifi When Powered Off

(Topic created: 09-09-2021 06:41 AM)
Scott16475
Comet
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The Linear Wash Dishwasher DW80R9950 was delievered and installed earlier this morning and we've run one cycle. After the cycle the dishwasher turned off like it should...But so did the Smart Control and therefore SmartThings shows the dishwasher as "offline." Is this normal? Do I have to select Smart Control each time I use the dishwasher and the app will show the appliance as "offline" each time the dishwasher is off? 

If that's how it works, cool, but I'd like to know if there is a way for the Smart Control/Wifi to stay on even when the dishwasher is turned off and therefore not have the ST app show the dishwasher as offline.

Thank you.

2 Replies
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, upon review it does show when the Smart Control function is activated, the Smart Control indicator on the dishwasher's door lights up accordingly. I hope this information helps and apologize for any frustration, you can review the user manual here starting on page. 17 for further assistance if needed. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Scott16475
Comet
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thank you. From what I think I've learned, the SmartThings app will display the dishwasher as "offline" anytime the dishwasher is not turned on. Each time we power on the dishwasher to run it we will need to select Smart Control to turn on the Wifi. I was hoping the dishwasher would still send out a wifi signal even when the dishwasher was off but it doesn't appear to be the case.