JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ice Lock icon needs to go off on 3 door refrigerator

(Topic created: Friday)
vpartin1
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Ice Lock icon needs to go off on 3 door refrigerator.  I am getting frustrated.  RFG297HDRS model

11 Replies
vpartin1
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I don’t know if y’all are members of Hogwarts but while we again tried your directions, the icon went out.  We don’t know what we did differently so I will be back the next time it happens. Thank you very much for your input Noobie and Realaud.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options

If you press and hold the ice off label for more than 3 seconds, it acts as a control lock for the fridge controls (this prevents small children from dispensing ice all over your kitchen floor).  If you just want to turn off the icemaker, you just need to tap it lightly once.  If you accidentally turned the control lock on with the long press, you will need to long press again to regain use of your controls.  You would normally turn off the ice maker if the bin is full, or you are going away and you empty the bin.  As long as you have not locked the controls, you will still be able to dispense ice with the ice maker off if there is still ice in the bin.  I turn my ice maker off until I use up the ice in the bin, because the bin full sensor is not always fully functional.

0 Likes