JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ice dispenser continuously opening when door is open

(Topic created: 11-04-2023 07:32 AM)
jd25
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I've been trying to figure out the cause of an issue I am experiencing with my Samsung RF25HMEDBSR/AA15 refrigerator. Whenever I open the left french door to a position greater than about 90 degrees open, the ice dispenser flap constantly opens and closes. Whenever it's doing this, it makes a loud creaking noise until I completely close the door again; at that point the flap just closes and stays close. The noise seem to have gotten much worse after I changed my filter recently - not sure if that is related or not. I can't seem to find anything pointing to a fix for this problem. Any help would be appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there! Thanks so much for posting about this. I can definitely understand the concern with this happening. If the suggestions @JBTechfanatic provided don't resolve the issue, we would recommend service as the next step. There are a few options we can take based on your warranty.

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one-year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators, or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

2 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
In the doors opening hardware on the top or bottom is the wires from the controller. Have you looked to see if there is a pinch or break that is possibly causing this. You might have to remove the cover to see the exposed wires.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there! Thanks so much for posting about this. I can definitely understand the concern with this happening. If the suggestions @JBTechfanatic provided don't resolve the issue, we would recommend service as the next step. There are a few options we can take based on your warranty.

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one-year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators, or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/