JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Icemaker only fills half way then won't dispense Unless I press 'reset'

(Topic created: 03-24-2023 11:55 AM)
Members_xQTXwhL
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm almost $400 in and still can't get ice from the icemaker.  I paid a repairman to replace a sprocket with a couple missing teeth.  No ice.  I purchased and installed a new icemaker.  Fills halfway with water, freezes  but won't  dispense ice unless I hit the reset button.  Replaced the filter.  That didn't help either.  What am I doing wrong?  How can I get my brand new ice maker to make and dispense the ice.

Samsung Side by Side Model #RSG257AARS   Ice Maker Model #DA-9711092B 

4 Replies
Solution
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Samsung support 1-800-726-7864
Samsung text support text START to the same number.

For purchase order related inquiries, I recommend calling 1-855-726-8721. This number will take you directly to the E-Commerce team.
Members_xQTXwhL
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I called Samsung Support.  The agent was very polite and helpful but she told me I needed to call a repairman to fix the ice maker.  It's a brand new icemaker and the repairman said that if the replaced sprocket didn't do it then the new icemaker would.  He ran all the tests.

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Is this fridge new and under warranty? You shouldn't have had to pay to fix anything if so. If not, what was the warranty on the ice maker? Unfortunately, all you can really do is call Samsung back. No one here can really help you as this is just a user forum.
0 Likes
Members_xQTXwhL
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thank You.  I was just hoping that someone else had encountered the same issues and could advise

0 Likes