Original topic:

RF27T5241SR/AA - Water dispenser will NOT shop running full blast. Flooded my kitchen.

(Topic created: 4 hours ago)
BenDecho
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Before a Samsung rep copies and pastes their long step-by-step solution and a link to a page that does not address this problem, please read:

I came into the kitchen and found it covered in water, the water dispenser on my refrigerator was running full blast. 
1. I pressed the switch you use for water or ice, and it didn't stop
2. I changed the switch to ice (you can't get water and ice the same time), it didn't stop.
3. I opened the opposite door, which normally stops the water or ice.  It didn't

I called Lowe's extended warranty.  Today will be 24 days since my problem. Tech came 2 days later and has not called or answered our calls since.  Said it was a solenoid, and would take 4-5 days.  We've called his office, and his cell, nor answer or reply.  Lowe's says they "escalated" this to the next level and I would hear from someone in 2 business days.  This has been 3 different times.

If someone would just tell me what part I need, I'll order it and get my refrigerator working 100% again.  For a refrigerator less that 1½  years old and costs over $2,000, I shouldn't have to buy ice cube trays and make my own ice in a refrigerator with 2 (two) ice makers.

I have searched online, and I can't find a solution.  I also can't find from any parts warehouses what solenoid this model uses.   Your water hookup line used to be on the left bottom or right bottom directly into a solenoid that would turn on the water to the ice makers or water dispenser.  On this model, the line connects to a short water white line middle right side with blue lines feeding to the 3 areas in need (2 ice makers and water dispenser).

What part will fix this???    Don't send me to a troubleshooting page.  It's been looked at, and determined it's a defective part.

0 Likes
1 Reply
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Can you get to the solenoid to see the part #? Seems Amazon has a variety of solenoids for Samsung fridges, but it goes by part # not fridge model #.  Your manual might have a parts list chart.

found this: Samsung Fridge Solenoid it lists the model numbers but says not all supported model numbers are listed.  There are also several other solenoids listed.  Do a search.  Be aware, though, that doing your own repair may void your extended warranty.

0 Likes