Original topic:

2020 T Model claims updated version of firmware on USB is latest

(Topic created: 08-17-2023 11:18 AM)
streamaholic
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I posted about this a few months ago but it looks like my topic was deleted-

I have a 2020 T model TV. It reports its firmware version as 2101, and I can see on the website that the latest version is 2401. When I try to update my firmware with a USB drive (don't want to use WiFi directly), the TV says that it's the latest version. I've tried many different permutations of placing the files on the USB drive; from respecting the present folder structure, to attempting to place the actual update file at the root of the drive. I've also tried a different USB drive, without success. The issue doesn't appear to be detecting the update file, the TV seems to do that just fine. The issue seems to be that the TV thinks it's the current version.

Has anyone found the secret recipe for getting their TV to accept a firmware update?

3 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hey there! That does sound a bit odd that the TV is thinking it doesn't need to update. If you haven't tried to update the TV via Wi-Fi, I'd suggest trying that first. (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062224/) There are also steps for how to update via USB, make sure you're following those steps to the T, as it is a very tedious process. 

The next step you can do is to contact Samsung directly and ask for TV remote management. They can connect to your TV and update it from their end. You can contact them via phone at 1-800-726-7864. They'll be able to advise future options if the update for whatever reason is not able to be pushed through. 

streamaholic
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hi,

Thank you for checking in with me. I made some progress today with the support chat. On the Software & Manuals page for my TV model, there were two different firmware downloads available without any apparent distinction on the page. It turns out that one download was a package of multiple firmwares for different versions of the same TV. This one had the correct version, although the updated version (2130) still does not match what the website says it should be (2401.) There's a ticket open with Samsung Support at the moment so I understand someone will be contacting me.

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

That's great to hear! As you do have a ticket open this should be getting taken care of direclty! 

0 Likes