JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Old monitor stuck on store mode

(Topic created: 09-04-2021 02:42 PM)
useryG9fGHnVQh
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have a Samsung SA300 and it keeps saying store mode and adjusting the sharpness and contrast and all that every couple seconds. I’ve tried to get it out of store mode but I can’t find any solution that works. If anyone knows how to fix this please tell me

6 Replies
Solution
EzraRothschild
Explorer
Options
Monitors and Memory
here is a solution I have found. Press the arrow down button once (which will let you adjust brightness) then don't adjust the brightness but instead press and hold the menu button until the screen goes dark. When the picture comes back with no text on the screen then you are out of the store mode. 🙂 hope this helped!
useryG9fGHnVQh
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I tried this and the screen turns off for about 1 second, and when i hold the menu button while its off it turns back on the same way it does if i just press the down arrow, and when i comes back on a few seconds later it says store mode. the up arrow shows me brightness, and when i try this with the up arrow it just gets rid of the brightness adjusting thing.

EzraRothschild
Explorer
Options
Monitors and Memory
that's odd I had another person open a ticket about the same thing and this solution worked for them. I'd advise trying it again and if it's not working let's try a different one. try doing it when the screen is on and if it doesn't get out of store mode then try doing it with the screen off.
0 Likes
useryG9fGHnVQh
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

by off I assume you mean with nothing connected, and sadly that didn't work it doesn't let me do anything other than like 2 options in the menu thing

0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello, I apologize for the issue with the monitor. I located some additional steps for you to try here:

• Turn off and unplug the power to the monitor. Remove the HDMI connection. Connect with a VGA cable. Turn on the monitor. Source, select PC. A choice comes up, Home or Store Demo. Choose Home. A welcome screen comes on. Press remote INFO to verify Store Demo is gone. Turn off and unplug the power. Change the connecting cable to HDMI or DVI as you prefer. Plugin and turn on the power. Change Source to HDMI or DVI to match connection. Change display settings as necessary to fit your use and preferences. 

Regrettably, If the steps mentioned above did not help then you have a couple of options due to the product being OUT of warranty, you can:

• Contact your extended warranty company if available for service needs

OR

•  Use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

useryG9fGHnVQh
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

will it work if i don't have anything connected, of a dvi connected? im assuming not because i tried and it didn't work, when i do this i only get setup & reset, then i can either select pc/av or pc, i tried both and both don't work. I don't get a store mode or home mode, im not sure im my monitor is not what i think it is, or if its like a fake or what because Ive tried a bunch of things that should work but don't

0 Likes