JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Auto Game Mode stopped working

(Topic created: 12-29-2021 05:46 PM)
userHDTrtQHLfs
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I've been using my PS4 with my QE43LS03RAU Frame TV for 2 years and my PS5 since it's launch date (over a year) and auto game mode has been working fine all that time.

Today I noticed my TV was showing the Samsung logo screensaver - so I assume it updated it's firmware? - and then I noticed that auto game mode is now no longer even a choice I can make - it is greyed out! 

I have just spent a few hours trying different settings on not only the TV but also the consoles - all to no avail. 

The TV does recognise the the device attached is a "Game Console" as it says "Game Console Detected" - but it won't let me use it as a game console by allowing auto mode. 

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Thank you so much for reaching out! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitcountrysite.html, or contact your regional Samsung Community here: https://r1.community.samsung.com/.

0 Likes
userHDTrtQHLfs
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I checked and I was on software version 1385. I saw that there was a version 1392 on the website so I tried installing that. Still no joy. I then tried new cables and the different hdmi ports (again) and still no solution.

Apparently there is no way of downgrading the firmware so at the moment it looks like I will have to get this TV changed under warranty  - but I feel like putting my foot through it.

Why is software quality control so rubbish nowadays? This has cost me four hours of my life and no solution.

This is definitely a Samsung bug as it has affected both PS4 and PS5 suddenly in one day - neither of which have been changed. I wish I still had an Xbox to try - bet it doesn't work on that either.

0 Likes
Solution
userHDTrtQHLfs
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Okay, the UK chat support guys sorted it for me by remotely clearing the HMDI ports - it does look like a PS4 is needed to enable auto game mode though! PS5 by itself would not work until I turned on the PS4 which opened the auto game mode. Just thought that might help someone else.

0 Likes