JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Frame 2024 65Inch - No matte / mount option for Art Store art

(Topic created: 07-25-2024 09:02 PM)
Brightlights
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

New Frame owner here, 2024 model 65 Inch. A lot of the marketing literature shows art with a mount / border (I believe it's called a matte). On my TV there is no option to add a matte and all the art store pictures show full screen. The only way I can have the TV show a matte is with my own pictures uploaded from the Smarthings App. These pictures have the option to select one of several mattes with different colour borders, but the art stores ones do not. Am I missing something or is this a bug in the 2024 TV? 

8 Replies
alperi
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I too have this same issue. I spent hours searching forums and they all talk about how the UP button will get you a menu that allows you to set the matte option. I don’t see this option :-(. Very frustrating. I haven’t tried uploading my own photos yet. I am going to open a support case with Samsung on this issue. 

Brightlights
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Let me know what they say! I can't solve it at all, but it works every time on my own photos via the Smarthings App.

Maxdeef
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Any update?

0 Likes
Solution
alperi
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Yes. I spoke to their Support team and the mat options only show up on paintings once you have an Art subscription! You can sign up for their Art subscription free trial. I happened to get a 2 year subscription as part of buying the Frame TV from Costco.

Once I enabled the subscription then the mat options show up when you hit the up arrow on most art, but not all. My guess is some art doesn’t up/downscale well with the mat border.

I have many other frustrations with this Frame TV, like I can never get the motion sensor timeouts to work and the light sensor doesn’t work either. It is such beautiful TV in many ways except the Art software feature limitations and these sensor features not work ruin the otherwise great product. I’ll start a new thread on my sensor issues. 

Pixl왕
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Same issue - just installed our 50" Frame TV, and there is no option to select a matte or color of matte for auto-selected gallery of art when pushing 'up' or 'down' on the controls... Starting to think that this was marketing ploy to get the effect only on personal album pictures. Also, why limit the tv to have a USB stick for art when there are tons of photos in our cloud accounts we would love to use... 

HOS-JVS
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
  • Try going into the tv mode, then click L to go to the menu and select art. Select your image, then click up TWICE - some icons should display and the middle one is for the mat. Click on that and then you should be able to see the mat styles and color options. This finally worked for me.  I just tried accessing it from the art mode. Click on the home button to go to the art store and follow the same process. It works!  The key is to click up twice - not once as the Samsung instrux say…
0 Likes
Maxdeef
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I did what you say but there is no mat option for me... So frustrating!

AndreLondon
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I just received and installed mine last night and obviously had the same problem. I have yet to try on an uploaded photo,  but spoke with customer support chat and they simply say the feature doesn't exist in the model on the complimentary images. Annoyingly, according to forums I've read, it seems to be a feature they had in earlier models and they have been making it gradually less accessible since models 2022/2023, so I suspect people who have been able to work out how to add it are working on these models? I read they also significantly reduced the offer of complimentary images which makes it more frustrating.

I find all this incredibly annoying and misleading. Reviews consistently say that there are better TV's out there for somewhat lower prices, but I found it particularly appealing to have a TV doubling as art work in my living room. I personally think that without a mat everything just looks like a screensaver on a normal TV (even with an added bezel),  which is the opposite of that product proposition. Feeling fleeced

0 Likes