Original topic:

Frame TV: Issues with night mode and art mode auto brightness

(Topic created: 09-22-2023 08:10 AM)
Bert19
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I've been having two related issues:

1. Night mode: no problem turning off at night, but doesn't turn back on in the morning.

2. Art mode: does not brighten during the day.

My TV is in the living room that gets plenty of light but it's also in a bit of a recessed space on top of a black cabinet. There are no obstructions around the light sensor.

After some experimentation and playing around with it, I noticed during the day that if I shine a light directly at the light sensor, it will wake the TV into art mode. Likewise shining the light makes the art mode brighter. Removing the light you can see it dim again. 

So looks like the features technically work but unfortunately the light sensitivity isn't high enough. Since everyone will have their TV setup in different environments, some being brighter or darker, we need Samsung to provide an option to configure the light sensitivity in the same way that motion sensitivity can be configured. 

userMrwHV6EpSv
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have this issue too. Brand new Samsung Frame 75 - 2023.

I don't see a clip to pull down the light sensor bar like you could on the older models.  Am I missing that? 

Samsung, can you add a setting to adjust the light sensor sensitivity?  ( adjust the lux required to trigger the change in states).

I upgraded to 2023 Frame from a 2017 model that is in the same room same place and no change with lights as the old one but the new one will not turn on in the morning.

Shining a light on the sensor will turn the art mode on so it's clearly thinking my room is too dark. Again, the 2017 Frame never had an issue with reading the light level in the room.

0 Likes
BobNed
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Great posts everyone - this validates my experience & suspicion!

I had a 2018 model and upgraded to a 2023 model, in exactly the same location in the same room. Art mode on the new TV generally does not turn on at all during the day when I'm walking around in the room. The motion sensor only works when I turn off night mode. Clearly it thinks the room is too dark. I never had this issue with my old 2018 model.

I agree, Samsung need to roll out a software fix with light sensor adjustment, much like the motion sensor adjustment.

It's left me very frustrated...

Samsung, can you please do something about this?

Brian Ryder
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have a 2022 65" Frame TV and have the same issue with the art mode- I've already turned night mode setting off - when I power off the TV the art comes on OK - but the brightness varies a lot during the day (too dark in daylight and too bright at night) I 've tried multiple setting - but the brightness seems to vary dramatically for no reason (I've adjusted it manually - but then it goes brighter/dimmer seeming randomly . I do have motion sensor on medium, and the screen does blank when I leave the room - as it should . I have the latest firmware also . Frustrating šŸ˜ž

Dpmidkiff23
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Has this been fixed?  Experiencing same thing. Our old one worked fine šŸ¤¬

0 Likes
Dpmidkiff23
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Just got new frame to replace 2017 one too. Doing same thing. Was this resolved???

0 Likes
CS24
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Same issues. Had to turn Night Mode off as the TV would go to sleep after 60 seconds in art mode. And yes... I'll stipulated a screen brightness for my artwork but then it will arbitrarily change... even if the lighting conditions are the same as when I set it.

0 Likes
eriksuman
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Similar issue here. When the TV powers on in the morning and I go to watch something on it, it's so dim that you can barely see the picture. I have to go into settings and just select brightness adjustment and it'll then correct itself. It usually stays at a good brightness throughout the day after that. Incredibly annoying thing to need to do for such a high end TV.

I have even disabled all auto brightness settings except for art mode which seems to adjust brightness. Really wish samsung would put out a fix for this.

0 Likes
Edwinger
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Well, not exactly the same issues but after reading all of the above made me look for problems with my Frame...

I had a dark screen, almost the lowest possible. Also, I noticed the art shop and standby functions did not work at all. At the end i went to Support / Device Maintenance and did some resets there. Got art store and standby working again and as a result all brightnes is back again..... 

0 Likes
Allworth
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

The SOLUTION is to download the Smart Things app. Then go into Art mode and you can increase the brightness. Why they don't have this option directly in the TV is mind-boggling.

0 Likes
Howief
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Night mode is completely useless on the Frame, I'm usually a big fan of Samsung, but they honestly majorly dropped the ball. Night mode is a necessity, I don't see how Samsung could possibly think people would want the Art Mode to stay on all night in a dark room, as it ruins the "art" effect and just turns it into a glowing TV. If people wanted that they'd spend 1/2 the price on a good television and buy a Chromecast.

The settings on the ambient light sensor are way off. My TV turns off in a medium light room and doesn't turn on unless it's very bright. This just doesn't make sense for a product that boasts itself as an "Art peice". It should only turn off when the room has almost no light (i.e dim enough that you couldn't see a picture on the wall) and it should turn on at that same level. The dimming should also be aligned with that.

As it stands today, this is an expensive mid-range TV with a unusable feature.