Original topic:

Q70D recent app autoplay issue

(Topic created: 3 hours ago)
xboss7777
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Recently got a new samsung Q70d. Facing a major issue with tizen OS. Would appreciate any help/suggestions.

Issue: whenever I press the home button on the remote while using an app(Netflix,prime,YouTube) the tv goes to the smart hub screen. Now if no other button is pressed, the tv will start that last used application again after exactly 1 minute. This is when the tv is running. No issues with tv start up.

Now imagine if you're listening to music and get a call or busy doing else, you'd expect the tv to stay at home screen. Whereas it'll automatically start the previous app EVERY SINGLE MINUTE at good volume. If I'm on a call, does samsung expect me to press home every single minute to close the app?

This is the most impractical useless feature I've ever seen on a tv. The solutions I've already tried are listed below:
-all smart settings besides autostart in smarthub are off. Autorun last app is off.
-disabled samsung tv.

This renders the samsung OS useless for me. I'll be buying a 4k fire stick and using that instead of smarthub and tizen OS.

I simply don't understand how such a feature is practical for anybody and who it caters to. Apps that are open should stay open in background. Similar to how to a phone deals with it. Imagine your phone autolaunching last used apps ever single minute just because you're on home screen. Pathetic "feature".

2 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

When I want to pause any streaming app I tap Enter (Center button of the navigation pad) and it will pause for a very long time and resume when you hit it again.  A very long pause may bring you to the  home screen but selecting the app will resume where you left off, 

I have not seen the behavior that you describe but maybe go into Settings->Start Screen and turn off "Auto Play Last App"

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
xboss7777
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hi. Thank you for your response. Appreciate it.

The autoplay last app setting is off. Service team visited and confirmed that it's a "feature". They've checked both q70d and q60d in stores and they all do this.

Coming from using sony for years, this is way too strange for me. I'm usually in the habit of simply pressing home when I'm done watching something. I also use home when I'm busy doing something else but don't want to switch off the tv immediately. Imagine if I take longer than a minute to decide what I want to watch, the tv would simply open the last app again in the scenario mentioned above.

I don't understand how this can be considered a "feature", more like torture.

Everything else is great about the device. This particular issue renders the tizen OS useless for me.

0 Likes