Original topic:

Q80B Regret!

(Topic created: 06-15-2023 10:53 AM)
Sasha57
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Don't know where else to go!  Purchased Q80B 55" in Nov 22.  Constant problems with voice not syncing with peoples lips.  No, don't have a sound bar or speakers - just tv sound.  This happens on broadcast stations as well as streaming.  Have done the Samsung chat, with no fix.  Have called for phone help and they blamed the cable company.  Cable company came in twice and replaced cables, cable ends and cable box.  This took care of problems I had with picture freezing, but the sync problem just keeps getting worse.  It's to the point where sometimes I can't watch a program - have to listen to it because it causes headaches from the way off-sync mouth movements.

BTW, when you spend all the time explaining your problem via chat, that information is NOT available to the live help person on the phone - so everything has to be explained from the beginning.  This just adds more time onto a lengthy phone call.   

As a senior I have a limited income and this purchase was supposed to be my last ever TV.  Went a little higher in price since I wanted it to last.  Honestly, I miss my old Sony - never had this problem with it!  I am regretting this purchase, but just so fed up with this problem.. feeling stuck with no resolution.

3 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
I'm willing to help you if I can😊 a few questions about this first have you done a manufacturer reset of your tv to start at new out of the box settings. Also have you adjusted your audio delay settings in the settings of the tv? Also what cable of dish do you use for tv?
0 Likes
Sasha57
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Yes to reset.  Audio delay settings unavailable unless sound bar or speakers are attached.  Spectrum cable (with no problems connected to old Sony tv)

0 Likes
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
In you spectrum box audio settings see if you have the ability to toggle on or off for Dolby or dts audio if yes the try shutting it off. If you have the option to reset sound settings in your box do so. Sometimes when you had another tv for a long time the box will defer to old settings. It could be force feeding a unsupported format. Also In the tv keep audio on auto and try the reset sound. check if you are using intelligent sound mode if so try shutting that off also. You also have the ability to troubleshoot go to tv settings then support then device care first run the scan and then use the self diagnoses and then sound test. If all this fails you can do a warranty claim and have a tv repair come out