Original topic:

QLED Frame TV repeatedly turns on and off

(Topic created: 4 hours ago)
MBG1111
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

My older (bought in 2019) Frame TV has gone nuts. I went out of town for a month and when I came back the remote is acting like it needs to be paired with TV. Even though I’ve successfully paired it multiple times. And the TV continues to endlessly turn itself on and off - over and over and over. I was able to get to settings to look for a possible firmware update and says there are none (but maybe the last one is causing this?). I’ve unplugged everything - when TV is on and when it’s off. I am trying to do a factory reset. But TV won’t stay ON long enough to get through it before it turns itself off again. 
***I did change batteries on the remote

Anyone? Help! 

4 Replies
Mrjodyhanson
Asteroid
Options
Do you have it linked to a direct pass through 2nd remote? Or was it linked to Alexa or other home assistant? Did your power go out and come back, affecting a litany of interconnected electronics with routines and skills and etc etc. Was it linked to something that is now buried under something that's pressing on. Or any smart keys watches or trackers that are new
0 Likes
MBG1111
Constellation
Options

Thank you for responding. (Sorry - can’t “unbold” this font) 

I did have a Roku set up - with a remote that would turn on the TV. But the Roku  isn’t being recognized by the TV now. It shows Roku in HDMI 2 when I look at sources - and the Roku is powering on and off  - but TV says it’s not connected.   Check the cable connection, etc. 

There has been a lot of intense weather - thunder and lightning … heavy rain. Power may have gone out while I was gone. But the router/WiFi seems fine. (I can
reboot it?? iPhone is connected to WiFi network and working fine)

I do have Alexa but I never set up the TV to work with it. No instructions set up for TV.  

I took the batteries out of the TV remote to make sure that’s not what’s causing the on/off cycles  It was still doing it without the remote.  Tried plugging the “adjunct box” directly into the wall - in case the power strip got friend from a storm/lightning or power surge when power came back on (if it went out at all).  

I wanted to try a factory reset but I can’t get to it in settings and through the process before the TV turns itself off. 

Not sure what else to do. I wish I could just start over with factory reset … then add Sonos (sound bar) and Roku.  Although I don’t relish the thought of having to re-establish all my streaming services and apps. 

Thoughts? 

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello! Thank you for posting about this. I completely understand your concerns with the TV turning on and off. When It turns off is there sound coming from the tv? Does the remote blink when it turns on and off? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
MBG1111
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hi! Thanks for trying to help with this. I’m not sure exactly what kind of sound you’re asking about. When the TV cycles on it is defaulting to Samsung Plus live TV and I can hear the program audio. When it turns off there is just a clicking of the adjunct box turning off and on. And, yes, the remote blinks (little red dot at top of remote) as though it needs to be paired with the TV. I am able to successfully pair the remote with the TV - but it doesn’t seem to “stick”. It seems to become unpaired each time the TV cycles off.

I hope this is the info you’re asking for. If not, please let me know. I got so frustrated with it I just unplugged everything and walked away. I’m at a loss as to what else to try in order to troubleshoot and identify the root cause (or causes). ANY help or suggestions are appreciated!  Thank you. 

0 Likes