JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV starts last app when going into settings

(Topic created: 08-03-2024 07:53 AM)
VoidIndigo
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have a week-old QN65Q60DD QLED TV. It has the latest 1120 firmware update. Whenever I go to the settings gear in the left-hand menu, my TV restarts the last app or input. So, for example, if I use the Xbox, then hit home, then go to settings gear, it will open the Xbox and display the settings bar across the bottom of the screen. This is the same for any app or input. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello! I completely understand. I would recommend doing the factory reset. Here is a link you might find helpful: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077524/

If the issue still occurs, I recommend contacting your local retailer directly. They will be able to provide you with more information and support. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to assist you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hi there, Thanks so much for asking about this. That does sound unusual. Just to confirm, which button on the remote are you using to select the settings icon? Are you able to access the settings menu using the button located on the TV or through the SmartThings app on your phone? If you are, have you tried doing a factory reset? If you are unable to access the settings menu, I recommend unplugging the TV for a full minute for a soft reset. 

0 Likes
VoidIndigo
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

To be clear, I'm not unable to access settings. This is using the settlings gear icon on the left-side menu. The settings bar at the bottom of the screen opens up, and TV switches to the last used app. So I have whatever app I was using, with the TV settings bar across the bottom of the screen. 

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello! I completely understand. I would recommend doing the factory reset. Here is a link you might find helpful: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077524/

If the issue still occurs, I recommend contacting your local retailer directly. They will be able to provide you with more information and support. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to assist you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes