JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

The Samsung remote wont scroll up or down in the settings sub-menu!

(Topic created: 03-24-2020 06:10 PM)
userSuNuNieok5
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Im using the Samsung smart remote that came with The Frame. Ive made sure its successfully paired - done the thing where you press the return and pause button to confirm. The TV light does blink every time I press it but will not actually complete the function. Ive changed the batteries as well - and since the light is flashing on the remote I dont think its a remote thing. Just to clarify - all the buttons (up, down, left, right) appear to work everywhere else - in Apps and in all other TV functions which makes me think it isnt the TV remote sensor either. It is only when I click on Settings that it will let me scroll up/down on the main settings menus on the left sidebar, and move right once to the first of the sub-menu items, but wont actually let me select the sub-menu item or scroll down to other items. So for instance I can go to Settings > Picture. And then scroll right for the sub-item Picture > Picture Mode. But cant actually select Picture Mode to change it. Or cant scroll down to Picture > Expert Settings since it is the menu item under Picture Mode. I cant factory reset the TV either - because I cant access the settings to do so. I tried a version through the e-manual which takes you there directly - but then can't scroll left to select 'Yes' when asked if I want to reset even though until then, the left scroll button has not been an issue.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
36 Replies
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Did sub menu scrolling suddenly stop working randomly? Before that, it was working okay? Do you remember at what point it stopped working?

0 Likes
KoalaUltraman
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Submenu just won't work all the time. And only as a last resort resetting the Smarthub was successful using Bixby to pull that up. However, anything else is the same pulling up with Bixby.

Later restored Smarthub by reinstalling Smartthings on my phone. Whew! That was a close call. So don't even try to reset wifi if possible otherwise you couldn't get back on with Smartthings!

The former issues are still present. I did nothing to bring any solution to existing issues at hand at the moment.

0 Likes
userNhpEs73HtV
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Just bought Samsung tv 6-20-20. Have the same problem as all these others, tv remote will not scroll! Please fix this issue! Looks like many others have the same recurring problem!!!!

0 Likes
user1i99n24DRX
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Any fix for this?  I got the same issue

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Which model television are you using?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userpbGqzj9a36
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

The scrolling freeze has happened to me several times. I think I've figured out the cause. For me it freezes mostly when I scroll rapidly (quickly). And it freezes in that direction. Solution I have sent is to switch off TV and unplug it from power for a few minutes then connect power again and switch on. 

0 Likes
useryMcstLf8WD
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
has anyone found a fix yet?
0 Likes