JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Backlight bleed through and blue haze on The Frame 65in

(Topic created: 10-25-2022 08:18 PM)
usercrR1i5fyMx
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I recently bought a new The Frame 2022 65" and immediately noticed severe backlight issues that are visible on any dark content. The unit was still under warranty so Samsung service came out and replaced the entire LCD module. The new LCD is actually worse than the original one. There is also tape residue visible on the top and bottom of the screen. Is this bad QC or bad engineering? I expected better from a $1600 TV.

The first photo shows a solid black test video. The backlight pattern shines through and the whole image looks blue/purple. This gets worse when viewing from an angle.

The second photo is the TV off with window light reflecting which shows tape markings on the screen from the new LCD packaging.

20221025_192532.jpg20221025_101534.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I understand how your TV having these display issues can be concerning. If this is happening on all sources this will require service. Since you did recently purchase this I would recommend checking with you retailer about exchange/return or if you are out of this period you can either private messaging us with your full model and serial number. Or if you prefer you can call us directly to get this set up at 1 (800) 726-7864. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I understand how your TV having these display issues can be concerning. If this is happening on all sources this will require service. Since you did recently purchase this I would recommend checking with you retailer about exchange/return or if you are out of this period you can either private messaging us with your full model and serial number. Or if you prefer you can call us directly to get this set up at 1 (800) 726-7864. 

0 Likes