JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone app Crashing after One UI 6.0 update.

(Topic created: 11-20-2023 09:08 PM)
text1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

After One UI 6.0 update, I can't see who is calling or accept/reject the call. 

Callbgprovider app Crashing
Call app Crashing 
Phone app Crashing

These are the pop ups showing up.
 Need to fix ASAP 
631 Replies
userIuQDOKLOf6
Constellation
Options

Replacing the Samsung Phone app with Google Phone app is working. Otherwise the phone was unusable during a call and draining battery. This is really poor work from Samsung. I have been a user for 10 years, and it'll be hard to buy another samsung phone. 

ndianam
Cosmic Ray
Options
After updating to the new UI 6.0 my call app will not open correctly and rapidly crashes when I'm trying to enter a call or receiving a call and I can't get it to stop until the call fails. It's causing overheating on my phone and it's making the screen strobe. Any ideas on how to fix it because I just updated 30 minutes ago and all of my apps are being weird on my phone and none of them have updates. 
Dx4227
Asteroid
Options
You and me both for me its just the phone app not working its awful cause that's very bad for it to not work
0 Likes
ndianam
Cosmic Ray
Options
Exactly because I have very heavily rely on this thing to do my job on a daily basis. I'm constantly having to be on the phone so this is not a great time for the phone app to go down.
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other users have been experiencing this as well. While Samsung issues a fix, you can instal Phone by Google from the Play Store as a workaround.
ndianam
Cosmic Ray
Options
The Google voice app?
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
No. Phone by Google. It's an alternative to the native Samsung dialer.
ndianam
Cosmic Ray
Options
Thank you very much!
VerbumVeritum
Options
No worries! 🙂 There is another thread where I recommended some steps to resolve this issue. Although they didn't work for Raiden, they might work for you.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S22/Phone-crashes-after-update-S22/td-p/2727641?
oarmalkawi92
Constellation
Options

Just updated my phone and having same issue with the Call app, any bug fix released from Samsung? How can I report this issue and get updates on the fix?

0 Likes