JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Health: remove Interests and allow us to customize the Home Screen

(Topic created: 08-18-2024 11:52 AM)
bsims1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
The recent update to Samsung Health has made it completely anti-user. The entire homepage is now dedicated to Samsung pushing random nonsense that I have zero interest in. 

I use Samsung Health for Steps Tracking and Water Tracking - I do not want advertisements for Zumba or reminders for me to eat. Let us permanently remove these sections and customize the Home page. 

Please please please remove all of this unnecessary bloat! 

Samsung Health Home page totally dedicated to non-Health tracking features 
32 Replies
Angiehello
Constellation
Options
I don't like this either. They need to get rid of the interest based cards. In a nutshell, the order of tiles in the app I hate. I can no longer see any calories with my steps and I've always liked seeing this first
GizmoGirl
Constellation
Options

I'm guessing from their response that there is literally no way to turn these off. Even the ones I thumbs down keep returning, and Samsung Health app "insights" don't recognize imported nutrition data so keeps nagging me about that, saying I'm way over on target cals but also sends notifications to track a meal on my GW6. I really dislike this. 

0 Likes
Options
I followed up by calling Samsung Application Support. I gave them some grief over the Health-based interest cards and that "legendary" Samsung Health notification: "You've set goals - Is this the day you will meet them?".

The person I talked with was very nice and attentive, but I don't know if she can do anything. She did say she would bring it to the attention of the software engineers. I specifically asked that they institute an easy to use toggle to turn off things such as health cards and the inane message about goals and meeting them and similar wrist robot nonsense.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see for a while. I did tell her to check out Samsung Members and Reddit messages on the subject to sample the flavor of people's arguments for how they disliked them.