JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

FlexDry Dryer Won't Connect to WiFi

(Topic created: 09-02-2020 06:27 AM)
userTEqkKq9hIs
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Just got this dryer yesterday.  Followed all the instructions and tried all the tips from this post nothing works.

The SmartThings app gets to 98% and states that it is registering the device, then setup fails.  It looks like the dryer is just failing to connect to WiFi altogether.

Would appreciate some help from Samsung on this as it appears to have been a common issue in the past.

10 Replies
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Smart Home Support

For assistance with your SmartThings connection, please reach out to the support team at 866-813-2404. or via email at support@smartthings.com.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userAYXJatoSlg
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Did you ever get this resolved? Got my set today and getting same message when attempting to connect dryer. 

0 Likes
Solution
userTEqkKq9hIs
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

I did!  As it turns out the dryer cannot communicate over a 5GHz wireless network (Samsung, it would be great if you could add a warning for this in the SmartThings app!).  If you have a duel band network like I do, make sure your phone is connected to the 2.4GHz band before starting setup, and select the 2.4GHz band when configuring the dryer as well.

If you only see 1 network name when searching, it's because both your 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands have the same name.  I'd recommend going into your router settings and changing them to somthing like "My Network (2G)" and "My Network (5g)" so you are able to select the band you need.  This should help with future setup as well as you should always use 2.4GHz for smart devices.

Hope this works for you as well!

userAYXJatoSlg
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Wow thank you so much that actually worked for me!!!! 

0 Likes
smitfits
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

SmartThings app might not mentioned it but the manual does. I still haven't been able to get them to work with SmrtThings

0 Likes
ElectricTraveler
Cosmic Ray
Options
Smart Home Support

does anyone know if the WF45R6100AC washer will connect to Wi-Fi to use the samsung washer/dryer app, or smart things? or does it just connect to SmartCare?

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Smart Home Support

I recommend reaching out to our smart things department at 1-800-Samsung. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user1c4MDU8lT1
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

So it is not simple after all if you have to call them, eh?

0 Likes
user1c4MDU8lT1
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

I tried both today with no luck!  So much to do to go through and you have to know stuff about your internet stuff too.  Not easy at all.  Kenmore you just point your phone at their device and you are connected.  Not this one!!

0 Likes