JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't Register Fingerprint Tab S6

(Topic created: 01-13-2020 07:30 PM)
itshenlo
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

No matter what I do, it keeps telling me "Make sure finger covers the entire sensor". What can I do to fix this?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userQOC7mc7vZJ
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Having similar issue. All updates installed. Changing brightness doesn't help.

uservhUpSAAybq
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I just got my tablet and I am having the same issue. Does anyone have a suggestion of what works? My tablet is completely updated. I have tried turning the blue light filter off and on. I have also turned up the screen brightness all the way. Nothing is working. Was this a mistake in purchasing? 😔

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

Please check the steps at the following link for issues with registering a fingerprint.  LINK

0 Likes
useroH2bU70nlc
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I've got exactly the same problem. Everything is up to date 

user0rQCwOXRId
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I have purchased 3 separate tablets from BEST BUY.   Thank God that i could take them back . NONE OF THE 3 SENSORS WORKED.  ALL of these tablets should be recalled. 

It's criminal for Samsung to be selling defective tablets.   I NEED the sensor when I go to bank sites and stock market sites.  These sensors are a requirement for me. It's more secure than a password and much easier to use.

@itshenlo wrote:

No matter what I do, it keeps telling me "Make sure finger covers the entire sensor". What can I do to fix this?

user0rQCwOXRId
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I HAVE HAD THE NOTE 8, THE NOTE 10, AND THE S20. I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE FINGERPRINT READER UNTIL THE TAB S6.

IT IS A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT. 

userFFvOYhPy99
Constellation
Options
Tablets

There is another thread regarding this issue, which I've just updated with a solution I found on there that worked for me.

My tablet is only a month old but couldn't register and thought it was the tempered glass screen protector causing the problem. I turned on the blue light filter and retried and it registered first time, i then turned off the blue light filter and it continues to detect my fingerprint

0 Likes
cohoman
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

What I do now to unlock my Tab S6 is to moisten my finger slightly before pressing it lightly against the tablet sensor area. This works almost 100% of the time to unlock my tablet. I'm guessing my fingertips are too dry for the sensor to recognize them.

mcdonsco
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

This worked like a charm for me, thank you! Additionally, I left my finger on the sensor for a few seconds on each press until it showed it fully registered it; between that and your suggestion, problem solved. Thanks!

0 Likes
user7OHkUYzTII
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Hi, same issue here on my Tab S6, but got two vingers (one thumb) registered by making finger or thumb slightly wet, getting it done in one time go..