JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Tab A wifi not working

(Topic created: 01-19-2021 08:02 PM)
userLuPUC4kt3l
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I have had my Galaxy Tab A(2017) for about 3 years now. It has worked perfectly fine the whole time. Just last night, however, I ran a software update. The next morning, it would connect to wifi (and I have tried this on different networks aswell, including mobile hotspot and wifi in a different building) but it would say "Connected, no internet." I tried restarting, putting it on airplane mode, forgetting all of my wifi networks, turning off wifi, and even clearing my cache, but with no luck. It says that the last system update I ran was the end of 2018, which is untrue as I ran it last night. I thought that i may be able to connect my tablet to wifi through my laptop using a cable and running the system update then, but I'm having trouble doing that. Will this help with my connection problems? If so, how do I do that? Thanks!

0 Likes
6 Replies
userLuPUC4kt3l
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Nevermind, I turned on automatic date and time and it works now

Struff
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
is this still working properly for you now after doing that? I've been having this problem but that wasn't the reason for me
0 Likes
userypFRn6al3T
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I haven't found the reason for it nor a solution to mine. Galaxy tab A 10 worked fine until a couple weeks ago. I had an issue where the tablet wouldn't recognize my pin #, started a countdown. I found out how to reboot it but it did this several times.
now the internet connection is so slow nothing loads. My boyfriend has the exact same tablet we bought them at the same time 5 months ago, his connects fine, it's not the wifi. I reset back to factory and same issue.
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Out of curiosity,  have you tested the device on any other networks?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userypFRn6al3T
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
it's my home network and worked great until two weeks ago. All other devices work, did a speed test and my internet is good on other tablet, pc and TV wifi but the tablet isn't. I'm thinking something went wrong with the tablet, not good for a 5 mo old samsung.
0 Likes
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Tablets

I apologize for the delay. I have inserted a link that might be able to help you with this.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001559/

If the unit still won't connect after completed the troubleshooting steps service is required. Please feel free to send me a private message with your full model code and serial number so that I can look into this for you. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes