Original topic:

TV Mode keeps stopping dialog box

(Topic created: 06-05-2020 07:25 AM)
userHFHiHLEeqU
Constellation
Options
Tablets

On my S5E

Any time I wake up my S5E a dialog box pops up that says "TV Mode keeps stopping".

When I select the "Close app" option in the dialog box the box goes away for a couple seconds then reappears. I have tried the suggestions I found on line, but nothing will correct the problem

!!!!!!!!! HELP !!!!!!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
35 Replies
Members_5ORvim2
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

This here seems to be working for me.

So far

hope it helps

https://youtu.be/FMvaQQO0g_I

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Make sure to mark as soultion if this resloves your issue. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Members_DzH1jEf
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Finally got it to stop.

Settings

Apps

3 dots in right corner

Click reset app settings (did not lose anything) 

Restart 

This stopped TV Mode from trying to run

FunkeSoulBrotha
Constellation
Options
Tablets

This is the real solution mate.  You figured it out.  So, follow your directions (settings >apps > menu at top right and select reset app settings then restart the device) then after the restart, tv mode should open up, tap skip then go into the advanced features and turn off tv mode.  If you have direct tv or hbo max/go installed as bloatware.. hide them, do not disable them.  If you disable the bloatware that integrates with the tv mode, it stops working.  You need to go to the home screen settings and then choose hide apps.  Hide the offenders and all should be good.  Just fixed my sons tablet after a long time of that nonsense.  

0 Likes
userOyfq7KDLJh
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I hve done EVERYTHING that has been said to be done to stop this. I have spoken to Samsung about this. Went through the process of having them troubleshoot the tablet for over an hour. In the end I was told "All done, that should fix it" guess what "NOT" The same thing is happening. So I am at the point to where a lawsuit or recall needs to be done. This is crazy, I am paying for a tablet through AT&T that I cannot use. They say it not their problem, samsung says its a softwhere issue, but has not come out with a fix. Its driving me crazy. I want answers now!!!

0 Likes
userBZYOYa2UKs
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

App should be disabled, change system settings allowed.

0 Likes