Original topic:

TV Mode keeps stopping dialog box

(Topic created: 06-05-2020 07:25 AM)
userHFHiHLEeqU
Constellation
Options
Tablets

On my S5E

Any time I wake up my S5E a dialog box pops up that says "TV Mode keeps stopping".

When I select the "Close app" option in the dialog box the box goes away for a couple seconds then reappears. I have tried the suggestions I found on line, but nothing will correct the problem

!!!!!!!!! HELP !!!!!!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userfHL6ZyDaky
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

A lot of online post say it's related to the Google Play Services getting corrupted cache.  But whatever it is there should be a fix out there for it.  It's apparently happening on a lot of Samsung tablets.  Either Google or Samsung should provide a fix for this.

userfHL6ZyDaky
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

TV Mode keeps stoppingTV Mode keeps stopping

Abshureman69
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Has anyone found a fix for this? How do I delete TV mode? 

userymKFhfFAWe
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

This is a bunch of BS!!!  I don't even want to WATCH TV on my tablet I have a television for that!!!!   HELP HELP HELP  @samsung978531 @SamsungUS 

userIHVqqIiA79
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

How is this not fixed yet!!!????

user7IOjAMPi2M
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

The fact that this a KNOWN issue from MULTIPLE users that has been going on since AT LEAST June and still not fixed is unacceptable. Been a Galaxy owner since the SIII and they have pretty much convinced me to shop Apple for my next device - and I hate Apple.

Däken
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Now, THAT is a good question!

0 Likes
jhammerstix
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Hello... can you at least respond stating you don't have a fix yet? This is unsure, and irresponsible as a software developer. The "work arounds" do not work, also we (who PAID for your product) should be treated better than this. Seriously, this is not a good look.
Solution
userg7cHVhszzz
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I finally got it to stop!!! 

Go to settings

Go to "Advanced Features"

Switch off "TV Mode"

Restart tablet

I haven't seen the message in over 2 hours since I made the change and it was popping up every few seconds

I hope this works for you too

@userHFHiHLEeqU wrote:

On my S5E

Any time I wake up my S5E a dialog box pops up that says "TV Mode keeps stopping".

When I select the "Close app" option in the dialog box the box goes away for a couple seconds then reappears. I have tried the suggestions I found on line, but nothing will correct the problem

!!!!!!!!! HELP !!!!!!!!

Däken
Constellation
Options
Tablets

This fix:

[Go to settings]

[Go to "Advanced Features"]

[Switch off "TV Mode"]

[Restart tablet]

didn't work on my Galaxy Tab 4.