JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dryer Door inner glass shattered

(Topic created: 07-16-2020 07:23 AM)
user2oTX9XZy6G
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Bought a Samsung washer and dryer, had it installed on July 8 2020.  I did 3 loads of laundry over a period of 3 days. On the fourth  did a load of laundry and  went to open the dryer door,  the the inner glass just shattered. mind you I had no clothes in the dryer, just opened the door and glass went all over the place..

I am have problem with getting Costco.com to in contact with what their going to do about the situation.

Is this a common problem with  the glass shattering and innerglassinnerglassshould just return the Dryer and buy some other brand.  thanks

JUMP TO SOLUTION
90 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

You can find parts for all Samsung products at samsungparts.com.

0 Likes
userhNFHLrWrOV
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

userhNFHLrWrOV_0-1614527406926.jpeg

userhNFHLrWrOV_1-1614527406934.jpeg

II  have noticed that the outer plastic  door on my Samsung tumble dryer is cracked, it is in the utility room and has “not” been knocked. Upon reading through multiple posts I have reason to believe this is a common problem with this model, I bought the washing machine and tumble dryer, my machines are Both about  3 years old and have both been looked after.

0 Likes
user8aS2A1NtJ7
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My dryer is a little over 2 years old and the glass door shattered when my wife opened it this morning. It had not been used since the day before and has never had anything other then clothes in it. There is no way this should have happened. Seems like it has happened to several other people. Any recommendations on how to get this fixed? Thank You

20210805_100339.jpg

MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Washers and Dryers

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userkGEhkovLhR
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

4E32D86D-CF79-4572-8C75-231BDD6F8B8B.jpeg

C49C7A71-281A-4F93-9940-E5547561641D.jpeg

The inner glass door of our dryer shattered during a normal drying cycle.  We have the DVE45R6100C/A3 model, and I’ve noticed other posts with this exact issue on this exact model, but it appears the issue was not covered by a warranty, even though this is clearly a manufacturing issue.  I do not have the time nor the resources to purchase a new part and I’m wondering what the options are for me.  We bought the washer and dryer last October 2020, so we are within a year of owning them when this happened.

0 Likes
userBKgHGPf7Li
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
Even though you did not purchase the warranty, since the same thing is happening to other people, the product might be defective. Inherent in every purchase is a promise that the product is fit for the purpose for which it was sold. It's called a warranty of merchantability. If the product is defective then this warranty is being breached. You can report it to you consumer agency and ask that a claim be filed. You also can report it to the manufacturer. Find out if there is a recall or a plan to mitigate the problem.
0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Washers and Dryers

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. Was anyone injured? I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send Message on Twitter 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usereyrY0f3to7
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello,

had a small normal load today And noted that my inner glass door of my gas dryer shattered.

please advise 

wattsdee3
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
Doing this entire thing right now.
0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Washers and Dryers

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send Message on Twitter 

0 Likes