Washers and Dryers

Dryer won't stop model dv5471aew

JUMP TO SOLUTION
100 Replies
userG7FxACDO8T
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have model#DV365ETBGWR/A3. The dryer won't turn off when the cycle should be complete. My issue looks to be different than other posts that I've seen on here since the power button works fine to turn the dryer on/off and I don't need to keep the dryer door open for it to stay off.

My issue is that on the normal setting the dryer will start  drying and countdown to 1 min to the cooling cycle. However it never cools down. The  dryer continues to do this until I either push the power button to turn it off or the HE code error comes on. When the HE code is tripped the clothes are SCORCHING HOT! The clothes burn my hands if I try to pull them out and I have to open the door and let them sit for 20 or so mins to cool off. I am afraid of a potential fire and I don't dare leave the house with it running. A professional just cleaned out all the vents in the dryer and the house on Monday,  plus I unplugged the dryer for 5 minutes hoping it will reset. Please advise as to the next step. Thank you.

SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Can you please send me a private message with your full serial number? http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userVuioRGwrVD
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have a DV42H5000EW/A3 dryer that works fine until it gets to the 1 minute display on the timer. At which point, it keeps running and doesn't shut off. I returned home the other day and it was still running. When I left it said 1 minute left and I was gone 45 minutes. When I opened the door, the clothes were hot enough to cause concern. At this point, I have ran the dryer and set a timer and on three additional / consecutive occasions, it runs at least 10 minutes past the timer being on one minute. I've stopped using the dryer at this point and would like some help troubleshooting / repairing. Not sure if there is a recall on this or it's a known defect, but I googled the model and the complaint seems to come up often. 
thanks in advance for the help!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link.

0 Likes
userVuioRGwrVD
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Any solution on this?  You needed the purchase information and other items. I replied with them and I still haven't heard anything. My homeowners insurance is coming up for renewal and during the inspection, I mentioned the dryer was not turning off and they were concerned too. Hoping you can help me out soon, it's been a while and I need help resolving this. 

patty

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

I apologize, bur I am unable to find any information other than the model and serial numbers. Please select this PM Link and send the information there

0 Likes
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have the same model and am having a LOT od trouble finding and pertinent information about it.  I am trying to disassemble the dryer so I can change out a $15.00 part (idler pulley) which keeps going out every few months.  They do sell an upgraded idler pulley with ball bearings and I have it but I cannot get the display panel off the front of the unit and I don't want to spend a couple of hundred dollars to find out it was something easy.  Let me know if you have any luck on yours.

0 Likes
uservHaF8RUpuf
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have model#DV42H5200EW/A3. The dryer won't turn off when the cycle should be complete. My issue looks to be different than other posts that I've seen on here since the power button works fine to turn the dryer on/off and I don't need to keep the dryer door open for it to stay off.

My issue is that on the normal setting the dryer will start  drying and countdown to 1 min to the cooling cycle. However it never cools down. The  dryer continues to do this until I either push the power button to turn it off or the HE code error comes on. When the HE code is tripped the clothes are SCORCHING HOT! The clothes burn my hands if I try to pull them out and I have to open the door and let them sit for 20 or so mins to cool off. I am afraid of a potential fire and I don't dare leave the house with it running. A professional just cleaned out all the vents in the dryer and the house on Monday,  plus I unplugged the dryer for 5 minutes hoping it will reset. Please advise as to the next step. Thank you.

My serial number is <Hidden>

SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Can you please send me a private message I would love to look into this further for you. http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userBRuzoivYFQ
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I'm having this exact same issue.   Cleaned the vents and indside of dryer is spotless.    Timed dry sometimes works, if we're lucky,  but about 40% of the time it fails in this way.

Did you ever come to a resolution?  Dryer model:  DV36J4000EW/A3

0 Likes