Dryer won't stop model dv5471aew

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

I am sorry to hear about this. Basically, repairs are the only thing that's truly fixing the issue. Due to the age of most of the units, the owner of the unit would be responsible for the cost of repairs. In an attempt to cover the repairs we've been escalating the out of warranty units to our specialized team to see what we can offer. For those that are still in warranty or are not that old, we've been setting up the repairs. Naturally, we cannot guarantee each unit qualifies for the same accommodations as the age of the unit and location can affect what options are available. 

To make it a bit easier I will mark this comment as the solution so it's easier seen to new posters. If your dryer will not stop running after the cycle ends, please send us a private message with the below information:

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Place of Purchase:

Model Code:
Serial Number:

You can message any of the mods with the below links:

Send a message to Lou: https://bit.ly/39kTopa
Send a message to Jam: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97
Send a message to Bri: http://bit.ly/33ipYnO 

View solution in context

0 Likes
100 Replies
userunAop5q1Xw
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Steve Huey

<hidden>

dve45n5300w/a3

<hidden>

Dryer wont shut off.  Panel is blank.  Power button turns on screen, but wont stop and no heat. Open door and it stops.  Unplug and replug-no difference.

What is the solution?  Seems to be a common probelm.

Regards.

userDYNKUdUFNF
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

My dryer did the exact same thing. ( I posted a comment a week or so ago as a reply to someone else with the same issue)

My dryer would not turn off. Open door, goes off. Close door, starts back turning. Push power button, still turns.  Naturally, it stops when unplugged, but starts back when it's plugged back in (with control panel off, did not push the start button and drum is turning)

Issue was the relay on the power control board has a stuck contact. (Relay has a brown wire and a black wire plugged into it.) 

I already had tapped on it a few days ago, no luck.

This time I removed all connections and got it out where it was easy to work with. I used my electrical meter to check between the two terminals the large black and large brown wire plug into. As I thought, the contacts were stuck.(that should be an open circuit if no power is on the board)

I used a screwdriver handle that was covered with soft rubber. I left my meter connected to the two terminals. I tapped the relay several times and it finally broke loose. Now, the circuit is open, as it should be.

Reinstalled the circuit board. Plugged in the dryer. It did not run. Pushed the start button. Started turning. Pressed pause/reset, it stopped. Pressed pause again. It started again. 

Opened the door. It stopped. Close door. It doesn't start until I press the reset button, as it should. 

Hope this will help some of you that had the same problem I did. 

Good Luck!

userwNkeqU7dt0
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My Samsung Dryer Model Number DVE52M7750V/A3 Serial Number <hidden> just started doing the same thing tonight as the other mentioned units. The dryer continues to run until the unit is completely detached from a power source. The dryer is only two years old. We bought it in Christmas of 2018 from Lowe's. The Panel illuminates and turns off with the power button, but the drum continues to tumble until the door is opened. 

thank you for any assistance you can provide in fixing this obviously recurring issue with your product. TJ

[edit]

0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

I am sorry to hear about this. Basically, repairs are the only thing that's truly fixing the issue. Due to the age of most of the units, the owner of the unit would be responsible for the cost of repairs. In an attempt to cover the repairs we've been escalating the out of warranty units to our specialized team to see what we can offer. For those that are still in warranty or are not that old, we've been setting up the repairs. Naturally, we cannot guarantee each unit qualifies for the same accommodations as the age of the unit and location can affect what options are available. 

To make it a bit easier I will mark this comment as the solution so it's easier seen to new posters. If your dryer will not stop running after the cycle ends, please send us a private message with the below information:

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Place of Purchase:

Model Code:
Serial Number:

You can message any of the mods with the below links:

Send a message to Lou: https://bit.ly/39kTopa
Send a message to Jam: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97
Send a message to Bri: http://bit.ly/33ipYnO 

0 Likes
userBbQ5blGJnr
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Dryer will not stop spinning unless the door is shut.  I have reset breakers and unplugged cords even opened the circuit board and unplugged/ replugged all items on the board.  Nothing works.

Please help.  Thanks.

userEomdS4DIv0
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I purchased a new Samsung front load dryer from Lowes 2 year ago and now it will not shut off and stop spinning after a load is dry. I have seen that this is a consistent problem with Samsung and they have offered to do nothing about it, just after any warranty runs out too. I'm filing a complaint with the BBB and the FTC. 

userReGvtkXqPN
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

My Dryer won't turn off unless door is open and its not heating either any suggestions?

0 Likes
userBQqQUNzJkU
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

dv36j4000ew/a3 Samsung dryer won't stop running even though it does not have the "wrinkle prevent" mode on. 

0 Likes
userQ51IiRaHFg
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Not even a year old, the dryer will not turn off unless the door is open, even when the power is "off".  The heating element is also not working.  Did not realize this was an issue with Samsung dryers until I looked up the issue and found the community forum. Is this a recall item and something a Samsung technician will fix?  Please advise.

0 Likes