JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Washer, WA52A5500AC, Doesn't Clean Well

(Topic created: 04-12-2022 11:26 AM)
SusanR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Washers and Dryers

Posting again, because someone replied but i cannot see the reply on this website.

I just bought this washer from Home Depot. I used the normal wash to wash 6 newly purchased towels and a few used washrags. When the load was done drying I started folding them and smelled the washrags. I noticed that one washrag smelled like my face wash and the other like body wash, because that's exactly what those rags were used with. It didn't get those clean. Today. I used normal wash on Super Speed to wash 2 pairs of jeans, underwear, a few tshirts, and a few leggings, because I had noticed with a prior load that super speed would agitate the clothes more and seemed to clean better. However, with this load it didn't clean the clothes enough to get the smell out of them. So disgusted. I will have to rehash a few items. I'm using HE laundry detergent, Persil. How is the washer getting such fantastic reviews on Home Depot and other sites when it doesn't clean well. 

I purchased the washer and dryer set from Home Depot. The set was installed new by Home Depot on March 26th. 

0 Likes
11 Replies
a-guppy
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers
Well just bea use the soap is HD doesn't mean is will clean good. I would use like tide HD. Also I would recommend using a dryer sheets. Also, don't leave cloathing in the washer over night after load is done.
0 Likes
SusanR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Washers and Dryers

I don't leave clothes overnight.  In that 2nd load I mentioned above, some of the clothes smelled great, smelled like the laundry detergent, and some parts of the clothes still smelled, because it didn't clean the clothes.  And Persil cleaned my clothes when I was using a washer with an agitator prior to purchasing this set.

0 Likes
SusanR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Washers and Dryers

Do you have this same model?

0 Likes
SusanR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Washers and Dryers

I just bought this washer from Home Depot. I used the normal wash to wash 6 newly purchased towels and a few used washrags. When the load was done drying I started folding them and smelled the washrags. I noticed that one washrag smelled like my face wash and the other like body wash, because that's exactly what those rags were used with. It didn't get those clean. Today. I used normal wash on Super Speed to wash 2 pairs of jeans, underwear, a few tshirts, and a few leggings, because I had noticed with a prior load that super speed would agitate the clothes more and seemed to clean better. However, with this load it didn't clean the clothes enough to get the smell out of them. So disgusted. I will have to rehash a few items. I'm using HE laundry detergent, Persil. How is the washer getting such fantastic reviews on Home Depot and other sites when it doesn't clean well. 

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

That does sound super frustrating! When the washer was installed, was it installed by professional installers? 

0 Likes
SusanR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Washers and Dryers

Yes, it was installed by Home Depot on March 26th.  The towel load I referenced above was probably the 3rd load I washed.  The first load I had to use deep wash since the water didn't get everything wet within 10 mins of starting that load.

0 Likes
SusanR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Washers and Dryers

Shirt after Super Speed Cycle.jpg

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hi there! I definitely understand your concern with your washer not cleaning properly. I can provide the following link to some steps you can take to ensure the best possible cleaning performance from your washer. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108627/

0 Likes
SusanR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Washers and Dryers

Thank you. I will use the tips outlined in that troubleshooting webpage.  However, when I started the Normal>Super Speed load I noticed that the washer filled the tub with plenty of water (that's great) to cover all the clothes and I could see the detergent in the wash.  It's like the washer spit that detergent on my clothes during a spin cycle.  I will use less detergent next time, with clothes that I don't care if they get ruined with detergent spots, to see if that resolves the issue.

0 Likes