JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Chromebook Galaxy Cursor Locks up

(Topic created: 04-02-2021 11:15 AM)
user5sKXL3OjqP
Constellation
Options
Computers

I've seen this problem listed as a touchpad problem, but the thread is locked as solved. I cannot resolve this problem from that thread.

The machine will run from 3 minutes to 4 days without the cursor stopping on the screen and then jumping around wildly. The instructions to "Fix" this is one of the following:

Reboot or drum the touchpad or powerwash. The reboot works, but is an unacceptable solution when it happens 5 time in a row.

I've sent the machine in for repair and they changed the motherboard. Upon receipt, it failed within 10 minutes.

There is one comment about updating a driver but I cannot find any downloads or instructions how to accomplish that. I believe this is the solution. My observation leads me to this conclusion because:

Upon failure, I've closed the computer and let it sit for a few minutes and when opening it, the cursor is restored. This seems more like a time out rather than a hardware problem. I suggest that the driver has a race condition that steals the CPU cycles until the drivers normal function is restored.

I hope this helps because this is a beautiful machine that is frustration the heck out of me.

Thanks.   

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Computers

This will require service for your chromebook. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Computers

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userzXG6Tn2VpM
Constellation
Options
Computers

I've tried power wash and the issue persists.

0 Likes
Solution
user5sKXL3OjqP
Constellation
Options
Computers

This is the third time I've responded to this thread. I wrote the original and have the answer is to send it in for repairs. They replaced the motherboard and the touchpad. It now works great. I hope this one finds its way to the board and helps.