JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Chromebook plus touchscreen only works with stylus

(Topic created: 10-06-2019 10:30 AM)
userKjSz59uEtr
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I am having the same issue many others in the forum have reported.  Chromebook plus touchscreen has stopped working.  It will respond to the stylus, but not touch.  Powerwash, updates, reinstall have not solved the issue. 

Please help. 

17 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

Can you provide the full model number of the device? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userKjSz59uEtr
Asteroid
Options
Computers

XE513C24-K01US

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

I have a few things you can try that may help out. 1st off, have you already cleaned your touchscreen? If you have, try pressing and holding the Power key until the power light shuts off. Press the Power key again to turn it back on.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userKjSz59uEtr
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I did as you asked and now the stylus does not work either

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

I would recommend signing into your account, check for updates, and then sign out of your account and navigate to a guest account. 

0 Likes
userKjSz59uEtr
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Did not resolve the issue

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

Have you had a chance to factory reset your chrome book? If you have not already tried factory resetting we would recommend backing up your data. You can use the following link below:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01110741/

0 Likes
userKjSz59uEtr
Asteroid
Options
Computers

see original post.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

Hey! Could you send me a private message with your serial number? 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes