JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Windows Hello Fingerprint "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible"?

(Topic created: 02-21-2021 07:25 AM)
Samsung_E0J6uFw
Constellation
Options
Computers

In September 2020 I bought the Galaxy Book Flex and have been using the fingerprint scanner until recently. I had to send the laptop in for a screen replacement, so I turned off the Fingerprint scanner for sign-in so the technician didn't have any issues (or thought I did.....) when I received my laptop back Thurs, 2/18), the fingerprint was back on and working until  Sat afternoon 2/20). Went into Device Manager and found this: 

"Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer."

After looking into the event logs, the scanner has had multiple errors since Dec 2020. I have checked for updates both through Samsung updates and Microsoft updates and there aren't any - the latest is July 2020. There was a critical error yesterday - "The device CanvasBio Fingerprint Driver (location Port_#0005.Hub_#0002) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem."

While I'm not using the Windows Hello Face, this also impacts this and doesn't show a compatible camera.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Computers
It is possible that the connector is loose after the hardware repair especially if it's not on an embedded chip. If you try reinstalling the drivers and it doesn't fix the problem, then it needs a hardware fix (opening it up again).

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Computers
It is possible that the connector is loose after the hardware repair especially if it's not on an embedded chip. If you try reinstalling the drivers and it doesn't fix the problem, then it needs a hardware fix (opening it up again).
0 Likes
userjfBNceTecD
Constellation
Options
Computers
i can't get into my email i some how got logged out and i don't remember the password and no place to get a new password
0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes