Original topic:

Galaxy Buds series of products won't connect to the Galaxy Wearables app

(Topic created: 11-13-2019 07:27 AM)
JDID
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello,

I'm having issues connecting the buds to the wearables app.  

The buds will connect to my phone via blue tooth and I'm able to hear music.  The issue is when I open wearables and try to connect to adjust ambient sound, equalizer, etc...it will not show a connected status.  Status remains "Disconnected from earbuds".

I've cleared the cache on my bluetooth, uninstalled and reinstalled wearbles, and still i have this problem.  

What am I doing wrong or are the parts faulty?

Phone:  Samsung S9+

thanks,

JDID

JUMP TO SOLUTION
173 Replies
usercrubjQZyoB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
im using a Samsung note 10+
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello,

If none of the troubleshooting steps helped any, please send a private message providing the full model code and the serial number from the bottom of the charging cradle? http://bit.ly/2GGYul4

Members_IjO8Sdb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I am having the same issue. I use the Samsung s10+

0 Likes
userQtfXzoBLDx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Mine are having same issue with samsung a 50 device.  Android 9 

0 Likes
_DJM_
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

hi, here as well new Samsung Buds+, tried to connect to Samsung S7, S10, HTC mobile. They connect perfectly in Bluetooth but on the Samsung devices, it does not "connect" to the wearable app, no error, it just wont connect even if they are recognized right away as device audio in Bluetooth.

There are no other devices connected to btooth nor other wearables.
Can someone please help?

0 Likes
Taylor86
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hi there.....I am having a similar issue to some people in regards to my galaxy earbuds live. I can hear music playing from them however it still says disconnected in the wearable app. I've tried everything 🙃 please help!

0 Likes
kcmags79
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have the same problem. 

0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out. Have you been able to clear the data and cache from the Wearables app? I would also recommend unpairing and repairing your buds from the Wearables app and Bluetooth menu after clearing the cache and data from the Wearables App. You can do this by navigating to Settings>Apps>Wearables App>(Force Stop the app)>Storage, from here you can clear the cache and data. 

Let me know if this helps! 

0 Likes
gthorne66
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello!

I just piggybacked on the response you gave th the user on clearing the data and cache from the wearable app. After a few attempts, the Galaxy Wearable App is not recognizing the Galaxy Buds Live. I cannot take advantage of all of the trinkets and treats the wearable app offers for the Galaxy Buds Live, as well as update the buds themselves. Apparently, this is a major glitch and all of us that own these buds will need assistance or a major upgrade/update for both the app and buds A.S.A.P.

Garry Hawthorne
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

If clearing the cache and data was not able to help with your symptom I would recommend trying and uninstall the Wearables app and reinstall it from the Galaxy Store, then try to reconnect your GAlaxy buds. 

Let me know if this helps!

0 Likes