JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy buds connectivity issue

(Topic created: 06-01-2019 06:44 PM)
GreatTyler
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Since the last firmware update the bluetooth connection to my buds is terrible. It starts to get choppy as soon as I put my phone in my pocket. If I old the phone behind my back it goes away completely. This performance is just unacceptable 

MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Buds

Have you tried these troubleshooting steps here?

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

This is wonderful news! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Locklear
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

My issues are persisting and I've described them below in another post.

I run into some serious range issues / crackling / signal loss when I pair it with my watch but it is fine with the phone. The issues also crop up specifically outside but inside it is fine.

LTE Provider for both devices: Sprint

Model of phone connected to: Samsung Galaxy S8+ - SM-G955U

Model of watch connected to: Galaxy Watch 46mm 4G LTE capable - SM-R805U

Software version of phone: G955USQS5DSE5

Software version of watch: Tizen - 4.0.0.1 / SW - R805USQU1BSA7

Wearables app version: 2.2.24.19031361

Wearables Galaxy Watch Plugin version: 2.2.05.19050851

Software version of Buds: R170XXU0ASE1

0 Likes
userJg3A0o9g8E
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have the s10 and got the galaxy buds as a promotional gift and when I first started using them. Perfect. Had an update to fix the disconnect problem and now its wayyyyyyyyy worse. Reset my ear buds and that didn't fix it. Only my left ear bud goes out then connects again. Does it like every 5 min. Very annoying and infuriating. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have the exact same issue. The connection is very choppy if I put my phone in my pants pocket and completely goes away if it is in my back pocket. Even my $30 china-brand earbuds are better in connectivity.

My phone is the S10+ updated to the latest software, so are the buds. My other earbuds (China) don't have this problem at all.

I will try the sollution of resetting my earbuds and check it out.

0 Likes
userYu8fI5F5GG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I've been using my buds and S8 listening to Samsung Music to take morning walks lately and noticed a few things.

1. When the phone is in my pocked I have the same issues, sometimes one pocket more than others but it's always worse when I look to one side or the other by turning my head.

2. I put the phone in my waist band right in the front and the sound got better even when I turned my head side to side.  The I leaned my head back to look at something in the sky and the buds went off.  To me it seems to be a line of sight issue, when my body is between the buds and the source, the sound doesn't transmit very well.

3. I did notice that if I use iHeart Radio instead of Samsung Music the sound works great when my phone is still in my pocket, is the issue only with streaming music files?

0 Likes
Airbud
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

Man these headphones are testing my patience. I am experiencing random disconnections, stuttering audio, crackling, and all of this happens not just when it's in my pocket (though it's worse when it is) but even when my phone is sat on my desk three feet from my head. Honestly cannot recommend these headphones for anything because of these issues, and this is my second pair.

To pre-empt any questions, I have updated my phone, the wearable app, and the buds. I have tried changing the bluetooth codec, I have de-optimised the bluetooth battery saving function, I have reset network connection, I have reset the earphones. The one thing I haven't done is throw them in the toilet, but I'm tempted, because the brief satisfaction would probably bring me more joy than owning this unfinished product.

Model of phone connected to: Samsung Galaxy S10e 

Software version of phone: G970FXXU1ASD5/G970FOTF1ASD1/G970FXXU1ASD4

Wearables app version: 2.2.24.19031361

Software version of Buds: R170XXU0ASE1

Locklear
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Yeah, I just want to chime in here as well. I'm having issues with the buds but not with my phone. It's fine at the usual Bluetooth distances with my phone but with my watch, I'm running into exactly what you're talking about. I've done the same things too, resetting and all that.

Phone up to date, app up to date, buds up to date, watch up to date.

If I had to guess, I'd put money on some sort of interference because it really crops up bad when I go outside. Perhaps since my phone is Bluetooth 5.0 and the watch is using 4.2, that's why I see the issue with the watch and not the phone?

It only seems to happen outside, the watch and buds interact normally inside. The phone and buds work fine outside. I'm thinking the combination of a weaker Bluetooth signal from the watch and a larger amount of interference outside from surrounding Wi-Fi networks could be the issue but I need to do more testing myself.

Anyways, here's my stuff.

user54pY5FWM5O
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have the same issue when I pair it with my watch. What I found that helps is switching wrist. Switch it from left wrist to your right, for some reason it works for me.

0 Likes
user54pY5FWM5O
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

@Locklear wrote:

Yeah, I just want to chime in here as well. I'm having issues with the buds but not with my phone. It's fine at the usual Bluetooth distances with my phone but with my watch, I'm running into exactly what you're talking about. I've done the same things too, resetting and all that.

Phone up to date, app up to date, buds up to date, watch up to date.

If I had to guess, I'd put money on some sort of interference because it really crops up bad when I go outside. Perhaps since my phone is Bluetooth 5.0 and the watch is using 4.2, that's why I see the issue with the watch and not the phone?

It only seems to happen outside, the watch and buds interact normally inside. The phone and buds work fine outside. I'm thinking the combination of a weaker Bluetooth signal from the watch and a larger amount of interference outside from surrounding Wi-Fi networks could be the issue but I need to do more testing myself.

Anyways, here's my stuff.

Switch your watch to your other wrist. For some reason it helped me.

0 Likes