JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

GalaxyBud stopped working out of nowhere

(Topic created: 03-20-2020 08:11 AM)
MoisesC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I put both buds to charge in the case, came back 2 hours and only the left one was fully charged. I left right earbud in there for another 2 hours n still no charge and the galaxy wearables app just shows an exclamation point for the right ear bud.

284 Replies
userQ9HV3URv9G
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

No one is being of any use on getting this fixed.

0 Likes
Sean0910
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Buds

Dear userQ9HV3URv9G

I hope you are doing well today.

There isn't any way to fix that issue besides double-checking that buds have been sitting in the charging case and that the USB cord is plugged into an adapter to charge the bud. please also make sure that before connecting the buds to the device make sure the Buds battery level is at 30%. Also, make sure to update the firmware of the Galaxy Buds. If these steps don't fix the problem the next step is to either take the Buds to where ever you got it from and get an exchange or contact 1-800-SAMSUNG for a mail-in repaired.

DG1790
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Buds

For shipping repair, you need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

0 Likes
userdXSjKtWx39
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have been trying to get it to charge

the light comes on if inside the case just stays red 

0 Likes
DearAnonymous
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hey,

have you tried to check if the buds require an update?

it may be beneficial to take a slightly damp alcohol pad or Qtip to clean the connections(ensure that no moisture is on surface and pad is not saturated as this can damage you product)

if all else fails call 1 (800) SAMSUNG and ask for warranty replacement

0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello! 

When you open the Wearables app what do you see next to the buds about connection and battery status?

I have some troubleshooting to try to see if we can get your buds working properly.

First, I would recommend resetting the Galaxy buds. In order to do so just follow these steps.

First, navigate to and open the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone.

For the Galaxy Buds or Buds+, tap About earbuds. Tap Reset earbuds, and then tap Reset to confirm.

For Gear IconX, tap the SETTINGS tab in the app, and then tap About Gear. Tap Reset Gear, and then tap RESET.

If the symptom continues, give this troubleshooting step a try.

-Open Bluetooth and unpair and forget the device

-Open Wearables app and unpair the device

-Once unpaired, uninstall and then reinstall the Wearable app on your phone

-After reinstalling, open the app and connect the device like it was being connected for the first time again.

If after this the symptoms continue, please send me a private message with your model code and serial number in it and I will assist you further. 

https://bit.ly/2SUXRar

Thank you, let me know if this helped!

0 Likes
usercthx8xi4ZN
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

My Left bud is not charging I have cleaned the case and bud and still nothing the right one is fine and the case charges it. The light is on in the case when the left bud is inserted but it does not seem to charge. 

The case also does not charge charge wirelessly on my phone 

0 Likes
Samsung_SemFTBp
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

That's werid and mine disconnect as soon as I connect them they will be connected and then disconnect

0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello!

When you are in the Wearables app what are you seeing next to each bud?

I would recommend trying to reset the Galaxy buds. You can do so by following these steps:   

First, navigate to and open the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone.

For the Galaxy Buds or Buds+, tap About earbuds. Tap Reset earbuds, and then tap Reset to confirm.

If they are not connecting after this give these steps a try:

Forget the galaxy buds in Bluetooth menu

Unpair the device in the Galaxy Wearables app

Uninstall and reinstall the Galaxy Wearables app

Once reinstalled, try connecting the buds like it was setting it up for the first time. 

Let me know if this helped!

If you are still unable to get both buds to connect, please send me a private message with your Galaxy Buds model and serial number. https://bit.ly/2SUXRar

0 Likes
userVE35lT99fI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I've done everything and nothing has been working 

0 Likes