JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Messages (MMS Issue: Invalid address entered)

(Topic created: 05-03-2019 07:44 AM)
user3cDigRstcI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello all,

I recently purchased an unlocked S10. The only issue I seem to have at this time is with sending MMS messages through the native app on the phone. When I use a third party app everything works fine. The problem is that I REALLY like the new native app and all of the features associated with it so I'm eager to find a resolution to my problem.

I have literally tried everything. Anything I try to send a picture/gif or anything of the sort I get an error back reading "invalid address entered". I am now at a loss! Currently, I am using Google's third party messages app.

Please help,

Thanks!

57 Replies
Imlaurietoo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yep! Same with me and several other people that have the Samsung S9. It's really frustrating me!!!!

userzkHu5lfzTO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is my exact problem, everything was fine till I did the latest update on my galaxy s9 and the only way I can stop it is to restart my phone. I paid $700 for this phone why is it doing  this??

MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userzkHu5lfzTO What troubleshooting steps have you tried in regards to this issue?

0 Likes
Samsung_592Kr3Q
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Go to Settings, scroll down to Generak Management, select Reset and then Reset Network Settings. Then reboot. I need to do that everytime I get a Samsung update in order to send or receive MMS.

0 Likes
user0VQ4v6QuFe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I just tried this and it didn't work 😞
0 Likes
userasQNOJCOJQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am having the same issue on my S9+. It will sometimes work if I reset the network settings but not every time. It is getting a little annoying having to rest my bluetooth and wi-fi multiple times each week just to be able to reply to our family chats.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userasQNOJCOJQ Have you tried another SIM card in your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userasQNOJCOJQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

No, I have a phone from  Straight Talk but it seems this is a Samsung issue not the carrier. 

0 Likes
userZicJdVU0fb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello, 

I'm having the exact same issue.  Seems to occur randomly throughout the day.  I have to restart my phone to get messages to send.  Sometimes I have to restart multiple times.  Google messaging app gives no issues but I need to use Samsung messaging for Gear watch.  Any fixes that actually work? 

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userZicJdVU0fb To further look into this, Can you send a PM here with your full model number, IMEI and service provider?

0 Likes