Few questions regarding my phone

(Topic created: 07-29-2023 04:05 PM)
menisam
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I went to the settings -> about phone

1. phone number - unknown.  why?

2. model name - I can google, but model code - nothing comes up, why? (SM-G990ELGGSKA)

3. IMS registration status is not registred - why and what is it (I read on google some protocol but what does it practically do)?

4.  if I registed a device in the account, does it mean it is registed for all purpouses or do I need to do something more?

5. is it normal my phone is next to the router and have 107-113 dbm and 30 asu google suggest I have just one or two connection lines, but it shows strong signal and I hear call well, so what's going on? or maybe it's the sim fault?

6. I have "Your account doesn’t have a password because it was created using your Google account. Set a password now to secure your account." - message, they say they sent me an email, and i follow it and put each time a new password, but the message to register the password doesn't change no matter how many times I have changed the password

thank a lot!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Israel/ct-p/il?page=1&tab=recent_topics

It would be best to post your concerns here. They would be better able to assist you with your issues 🙂 We offer limited knowledge of international models here. 

View solution in context

44 Replies
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
It seems that you have multiple problems with your device, The first problem seems to be related to your Sim card, if you navigate to the phones settings and see ,Phone number unknown it's due to the Sim card or esim, please check the Sim card tray to make sure that the card is correctly installed, if not contact them to register your device on their network,
0 Likes
menisam
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

thing is, my phone works well, or at least so it seems.... if the sim card wasn't properly placed was it function well? Could it be the age of the sim, maybe 16 years.  I do hear the calls well, and they are not interrupted. 

thank you

0 Likes
menisam
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Actually it is the first time I open a sim draw. and it was looking snug-in.... looks good, so I don't think it's the problem. and even don't look too old

0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
If you sim card is more than 2 years old it should be replaced
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
As for Your other questions about the Dbm of your phones signal next to your wireless network, it should affect your phone's signal when making calls
0 Likes
menisam
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

yes, but why it doesn't? seeing the meaning in google make you think I should have very low quality calls, but I hear well and so others hear me well.

0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
The Dbm signal can change as you move from one cell phone tower to the next, my Dbm is 90
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
To fix the problem with your account asking for a password, open up the settings on your device and then go to your Samsung account settings and check your settings for the password, and tap on Security and privacy and change the password and other settings related to your Samsung account
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Let's try to Fix One problem at a time,
0 Likes