Few questions regarding my phone

(Topic created: 07-29-2023 04:05 PM)
menisam
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I went to the settings -> about phone

1. phone number - unknown.  why?

2. model name - I can google, but model code - nothing comes up, why? (SM-G990ELGGSKA)

3. IMS registration status is not registred - why and what is it (I read on google some protocol but what does it practically do)?

4.  if I registed a device in the account, does it mean it is registed for all purpouses or do I need to do something more?

5. is it normal my phone is next to the router and have 107-113 dbm and 30 asu google suggest I have just one or two connection lines, but it shows strong signal and I hear call well, so what's going on? or maybe it's the sim fault?

6. I have "Your account doesn’t have a password because it was created using your Google account. Set a password now to secure your account." - message, they say they sent me an email, and i follow it and put each time a new password, but the message to register the password doesn't change no matter how many times I have changed the password

thank a lot!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
First Step is to get your phone number registered correctly to your device, this will help with Account verification since Sms messages are used for Google and Samsung account verification
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Please Update This Post after you Fix the problem with your phone number
0 Likes
menisam
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello! thank you 

actually it does recieves sms from samsung when I did all those passwords changes. and some of those pins were sent to both phones the old and the new. currently they both registered 🙂

I am now trying as you told me and went to samsung account on my phone, changed the password, and it asked me wether to sign out of all devices, and I chose yes. I went to web samsung account on my computer. and again I see that it says an email was sent, I go to the mail and it says I should register the password, I press it and it just want me to change password again - I don't get it! 

0 Likes
menisam
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

"Your account doesn’t have a password because it was created using your Google account. Set a password now to secure your account."

0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Open up your settings and then go to Accounts and Backup then Manage Accounts then remove your Samsung account and Google account next sign back into both accounts again and see if the error message disappears
0 Likes
menisam
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

but hold on, it will delete all my contacts, apps that I was logged into etc etc?!! that's a serious consideration to make!

0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
It will not delete any of your apps or Contacts, or files
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Your just signing out of your device and then back in
0 Likes
menisam
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

people what about question #4? does anybody knows?

0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
When you refer to register, Are you asking about Samsung or Google
0 Likes