JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone Keeps Pocket Dialing 911 Since Android 13 Update

(Topic created: 12-12-2022 01:49 PM)
The_Real_DiMaK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Galaxy s22 Ultra Phone Keeps Pocket Dialing 911 3-5 Times a Day Since Android 13 Update With Emergency SOS Feature Turned Off This Hasn't Happened once Until The Update And I'm Getting Pretty Fed Up with This Issue 

Turner27
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
My s22 ultra has been pocket dialing emergency services about 4-5 times now the last few weeks since update. I have turned off double tap to wake screen Option and the accidental touch option is switched to the correct option.

This has never been a problem in my last few years of having Samsung phones. Only started happening since last update.
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
See if any of the physical keys is mapped to dialing or that Routines isn't the culprit.
0 Likes
Turner27
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I will double check physical keys but I definitely don't use any routines
0 Likes
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
At times I see that to in my phones, so I just place the screen facing outside (away from body)

0 Likes
Turner27
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
That is a good idea

What has been working so far for me is that I turn OFF the option double tap to wake screen

Then I turned ON the option double tap to turn screen off and no problems the last 48 hours yet
0 Likes
Deja3
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I wonder if your proximity sensor is not working correctly. I would run a test on it. I'm pretty sure it uses that sensor to activate the accidental touch protection when, for example, it's in your pocket... have you noticed your screen not shutting off when on a call and holding it up to your ear?
0 Likes
userZREuJE1xWj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Same thing has happened to me twice in 2 days. Got the cops called to my work. S21. They need to fix this.
Ryan-WI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
IT'S YOUR POWER BUTTON!!
Your power button is getting pressed rapidly 5 times. Swipe down from the top of the screen, click the gear icon, search for SOS. Uncheck the power button option.
The_Real_DiMaK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
The First Thing I Did was Turn That Feature Off in Settings and It's Still Dialing 911 Its A Problem With The Android 13 OS
Ryan-WI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Odd, It solved it for me. I have always used power button to end calls feature. There was an update a while ago that would require the power button to be pushed twice, sometimes three times to make sure the call ended. Had some awkward conversations after I thought I hung up after that little change.. how many times do you hang up the phone in immediately say " f-ing "..
Anyways, two clicks away from dialing 911, it happened a few times after this update.
Wonder if Google / Samsung added some kind of impact sensor like Apple? Apple people are all off too right now, they drop their phone and it dials 911..
Anyways, I'm not using the stock dialer app, I'm using DW contacts pro. Haven't had any issues after disabling power button for SOS.

0 Likes