JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sending/receiving MMS issues while on Wi-Fi after Android 14 update

(Topic created: 12-15-2023 06:33 PM)
Yatman
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22

My S22+ had stopped sending and receiving MMS messages while my wifi is on every since I updated to Android 14. 

I'm on Xfinity Mobile which uses Verizon services.

Why would you release this is it hasn't been tested???
JUMP TO SOLUTION
Options
Galaxy S22
I'd try to clear cache, clear storage, and then force stop the app. Within the Samsung Members app there's also a diagnostic option, could try that
Yatman
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
Tried that about 20 times. Both with Samsung messenger AND Google Messenger
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
I'd definitely switch to Google Messages, far superior than those two
0 Likes
Yatman
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
Except it doesn't work either for MMS on wifi either
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
The only way for messages to work on Wifi is to enable RCS chats in Google Messages, open Google message , tap on your avatar top right corner, scroll down to settings, tap on RCS Chats, toggle on RCS chats, toggle on all the features you want.

MMS and SMS will not work over WiFi
Options
Galaxy S22
Interesting, my wife has your phone and she said no problem with her's so far. What about trying this (might write this down) but power off your phone and after 30 seconds hold down the volume up button and the power button at the same time until a menu appears. Use the volume down button send go down to the one that says 'clear system cache' and then hit the power button so that it does it. Then use the volume down button to find one that says either repair or fix apps, you'll see something very similar to that phrase, use the power button again to do it. Hopefully upon reboot it'll be fixed. Let me know and I'll keep thinking
0 Likes
Yatman
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
I think this is on the carrier side. Looking at the APN settings, aside from all being greyed out, none of the MMSC values are set. They're all blank
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
One thing that you can do is 'reset network settings' (settings-general management - reset - reset network settings) but it will cause to pair and sign back into every Wi-Fi network and also pair up any and all Bluetooth items but I honestly do that once a month almost like a maintenance because it gives all your connections a refresh which can clear possible issues and create better connections. If that didn't work I have a few other ideas. One more real easy one is to take out your SIM card and place it back in the slot, sometimes they somehow slightly jostle a bit which causes connection issues. It very well be that you need a new SIM card as well
Yatman
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
If you'll note in the previous messages, all of that level one stuff had all been tried.
0 Likes
Yatman
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
I've also been given a new SIM card and no difference
0 Likes