JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Google messages: RCS not working. I have to switch to SMS after every text

(Topic created: 03-08-2023 06:15 PM)
Dani212
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

RCS not working on S23 ultra . Have to switch back to sms after every texts. It is the same for people trying to send me a text. I've tried all the trouble shooting and nothing has worked .

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dani212
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
The issue was that I had google messages on my previous phone. I needed to disable the chat option on the old phone before it would work on the new phone. Luckily for me someone on one of the forums helped out because I wasn't able to find anything from Google about it . I've never had a problem with their messaging app until this occurrence. Since turning off the chat option on the old phone I haven't had any issues.

View solution in context

10 Replies
neilth
Sun
Options
Galaxy S23
Have you contacted your cellular provider about this? They must support RCS for the chat features to work.
Dani212
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I haven't but I do have friends who are with t-mobile and some of theirs works and some don't.
neilth
Sun
Options
Galaxy S23
That's where I would start. Let T-Mobile make sure that everything is working at their end.
0 Likes
Dani212
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Thank u I will try t-mobile
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
I have the same thing. When I send texts, everyone gets an encrypted message and it gives you an option to change to sms which is great but it does this after every text
Dani212
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I called samsung and t-mobile. No one knows how to fix it . They both suggested to contact Google except there's no real way to contact them . Even after a review they just tell you to go to the trouble shooting page which none of those options worked
DoNot Need
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I tried the Samsung Messages app and then installed the google Messages app. I just didn't like the way the Samsung app did things especially when sending pictures with text.
0 Likes
Dani212
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I prefer Google messages and have used it for years with no real issues until now
Options
Galaxy S23
I've had the same issue. People would get encrypted messages and if you don't notice it they text you back saying they can't read your messages. I stopped using it and am using another texting app
0 Likes