JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Lost folders and apps customization when changing themes

(Topic created: 09-06-2023 03:47 PM)
GussyMiles
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

New to Samsung products and I'm trying to set up my phone. I'm really enjoying the themes on here and I was just testing some new ones out. When I switched back to my original theme, all the folders I had created were deleted and my apps went back to being scattered everywhere. My home page changed up too. It seems like everything went back to how I had set it up the first time I installed the theme and not how I've set it up today. Is that a setting I need to change or just something I have to live with. Thank you!

5 Replies
Jaymastic
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Folders and home screen layouts are usually different across themes, as they save seperately.
GussyMiles
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I found out that you can save what your set is with home up through good lock. You can it yourself or your can set it up to save once daily or every hour. If you lose everything like I did, you can go in there and choose from a saved theme. You have to turn that on though. So I did that, put in the work again and thankfully don't have to worry anymore!
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Glad you found it!
0 Likes
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

Install Samsung's Good Lock from the Galaxy App Store. Within Good Lock, find the Home Up module. Here you will be able to save layouts so they can be restored if things should "scatter" again when resetting themes. This should prevent you from having to set everything on your home screens back up. If you felt like this resolved your concern, kindly mark this topic as solved (three dots, accept as solution) by this post. Doing this will keep the information active in the Community to assist other Members, should they also run into this sort of issue! 🙂

0 Likes
squeeky70
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
My home screen still has the same apps on it. I used to always swipe LEFT to get to my next screen. This afternoon it changed to where I have to swipe RIGHT. Can u tell me how this may have happened & how do I change it back?
0 Likes