JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update 6.1 made touchscreen unusable without S Pen

(Topic created: 04-04-2024 08:10 AM)
Lilith66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

After the update my touch screen will not work unless I use the Spen. Samsung made a comment blaming it on Google?? But I've heard from other people it's been an issue for a couple of years so I'm curious on when they plan to fix it because this is ridiculous, I have some apps where I can only log in with my fingerprint. 

336 Replies
colie31
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Done all that nothing 😞
terminator9
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
im sorry then i googled and see others w this same issue, so it will prob be a top of issues for samsung to fix. ... glad at least the pen works otherwise what.. would you do.
colie31
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Exactly :hundred_points: right now want to toss it
0 Likes
terminator9
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
i know. im sorry . its a hard thing, but its happening after the update so.this has to go to top of the pile for fixes, wish there was a easy way just to roll.back on any update that has bugs like this , till.they got things fixed ...sadly bugs come to all companies..i.rembr i had a few when i had iphone for years...but not being able to use touch screen is a **bleep** major one in.my opinion
Tian
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

bruh the spen's the only way to use the phone and ur really asking us to do that?

0 Likes
terminator9
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
so i saw a few things online.. one guy said = turn off talkback , disable motions and gestures , disable OR enable touch sensitivity . either one and lastly the pain in the rear Factory reset ... backup.all to samsung cloud or google or both like i do.. and do factory reset.. yes its a pain but it can resolve this so its worth a try
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
0 Likes
Tobal2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Having same issue after 6.1 update when playing spotify and screen dims phone unresponsive.
Have to restart phone, takes a lot of effort to do that.
Matter of fact anything I have open has that problem.

0 Likes
7Jays
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
My wife is having the same issue. She did have her screen replaced about a month ago. We have the same phone and mine has not had any issues so we are assuming that the screen replacement has something to do with the problem.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
What happened. My phone updated an know the touch screen doesn't work. I can only use my S-pen. What an inconvenience 🤦🏾‍:female_sign: how do I fix this?