JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update 6.1 made touchscreen unusable without S Pen

(Topic created: 04-05-2024 06:25 AM)
Lilith66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

After the update my touch screen will not work unless I use the Spen. Samsung made a comment blaming it on Google?? But I've heard from other people it's been an issue for a couple of years so I'm curious on when they plan to fix it because this is ridiculous, I have some apps where I can only log in with my fingerprint. 

336 Replies
jerseyboy8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Just searched for this issue again, and this has been picked up by tech news outlets, which is good news.

Here are a few links to the same issue...

Samsung shares temporary fix for Galaxy S23 One UI 6.1 touchscreen issue | TechRadar

Samsung blames Google Discover for One UI 6.1's touchscreen issues | ZDNET

Galaxy S23 users complain of touchscreen issues after One UI 6.1 - SamMobile

I haven't tried the suggested fix yet, will do tonight after work, but doesn't seem to resolve it for everyone.

0 Likes
bdun1989
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Touch screen not working after 6.1 update. Had to have my screen replaced a few months ago. I have insurance on this phone and was sent to a verified repair shop. It was $650 to fix this screen. My deductible was $199. On tip of the $1800 the phone cost. This needs to be fixed. Absolutely ridiculous that it hasn't been resolved by now.
KnoxFather
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Hi bdun, if you have insurance, I would file a warranty claim with them. That being said, if you haven't already, I would soft reset the phone with the hardware keys: Restart your device by pressing and holding the Volume down key and the Power key/Side key simultaneously for 10 seconds.
0 Likes
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
There could be some software issue preventing touchscreen from working.

user0F0lWN2ef7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Turn off the Google Circle to search option that was introduced in 6.1 update and restart the phone. This worked for me without deleting Google data. I may enable it once Google has fixed this issue.
Settings>Display>Navigation bar>Circle to search.
0 Likes
Philobat
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm in the same boat. Hoping it Gets resolved soon
0 Likes
Members_MdNFdpW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Have you gotten any luck with the answer because this is pitiful...

0 Likes
Philobat
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Actually yea, kinda.TBD
I visited the repair place that fixed my screen. Basically this issue stems from phones with replaced screens..
I used a repair place listed through Samsung and they assured me the screen they replaced was a true OEM part. When i went in claiming warranty issues on their work & upon mentioning the update the repair Folks did some research, only to find the screen they to replace mine was false OEM.
They ordered the correct screen and I'll take it back in 2 days to swap and hopefully that sorts me out.
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
0 Likes
sleepynick
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I completely agree, my phone has the same issue
0 Likes