JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update 6.1 made touchscreen unusable without S Pen

(Topic created: 04-10-2024 12:48 PM)
Lilith66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

After the update my touch screen will not work unless I use the Spen. Samsung made a comment blaming it on Google?? But I've heard from other people it's been an issue for a couple of years so I'm curious on when they plan to fix it because this is ridiculous, I have some apps where I can only log in with my fingerprint. 

336 Replies
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Did you try the accepted solution posted by Garyb? What were your results? 

0 Likes
Stef1028
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

The workarounds do not work on aftermarket screens that's been made clear probably 10-15 times on this thread.

until samsung come out of hiding and address the issue there's nothing that can be done

SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

@Stef1028 Gary B just updated the accepted solution today (if you go to the first page at the top), can you try that and advise what occurred?

If none of the steps are helping - I would recommend submitting an error report or potentially taking your device to a local walk-in repair center in your area for a reflash.

Here's the steps to submit an error report:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/samsung-members-app-how-to-send-an-error-re...

This is the quickest way to get this information to our engineers. 

0 Likes
Stef1028
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

No mate the updated steps did not work and they won't for anyone with an aftermarket he's just basically posted the same fix samsung put out again. I can see the bottom but about getting it repaired which is all well and good but this is the point that will cost all cost money and benefit samsung. They've just punished people who don't have original screens an update should not force people into spending money or put vulnerable phone users at risk by rendering their phone useless without an s pen it's absolutely disgusting.

Badiee
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Oh boy! This issue of touchscreen **bleep**. has nothing to do with Google. UI 6.1 purposely disallowed aftermarket screens. Period. Please stop with all the bogus workarounds and produce a hotfix. We all know it's possible to reverse this horrible move. It took me 8mins to write this post bc the Pen isn't meant for typing and it has a mind of its own..smh. Please.
grisslyman
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
All accepted "solutions" have been repeatedly debunked. I have an error report with Samsung that has zero traction. Phones are critical tools for people, and your inaction makes it unacceptably hard to make emergency calls, let alone any other action. No. More. Bogus. Workarounds.
jg9715
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
No results.
Lilith66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
If this doesn't get fixed I'm going to be looking into a lawsuit against this. This has to be illegal to do right?? I know Apple did something similar and there was a case about it and they lost.
Tian
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

yeah im with you

0 Likes
Themgoroth
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

They know that the issue is related with some block for aftermarket screens, the thing is that not even in official repair centers they have screens, they quote me like $400 and waiting time for 2 months to get a screen so i do a aftermarket screen that works like a charm before 6.1. Hope they just release a fix to this