JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update 6.1 made touchscreen unusable without S Pen

(Topic created: 04-08-2024 08:07 AM)
Lilith66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

After the update my touch screen will not work unless I use the Spen. Samsung made a comment blaming it on Google?? But I've heard from other people it's been an issue for a couple of years so I'm curious on when they plan to fix it because this is ridiculous, I have some apps where I can only log in with my fingerprint. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
336 Replies
userN99P5x5nhN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Update today now I can't see who is calling me or answer the telephone with the swipe button
Mattrizz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Throw it against the wall
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
0 Likes
LoganMillerr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Replying for the updates.

ajjd2010
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Do you have an aftermarket screen? That was the problem for me
0 Likes
deholloway
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

This is certainly the issue as a service pac has no issues. My understanding the OC chip on the AM will not program to the latest sw update. 

0 Likes
ffgghh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
0 Likes
IanWill
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

They are clearly going to leave this last minute to fix this major issue(if at all) while people fall prey to their marketing team trying to push them to purchase a new device.  This really has reduced my faith and loyalty in Samsung. An updated that breaks more than it fixes and deplorable marketing tactics. I really didn't expect Samsung to sink so low to iPhone practices. 

Stef1028
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

They won't fix this their lack of communication says it all. They will just know we will all have to get new phones and wait it out. They will certainly fix it for those with an OEM

IanWill
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Well, If I am forced to make a new purchase on a phone due to this underhanded greedy move by them, it won't be a Samsung. People have to take into account that this doesn't just effect people who are already using aftermarket screens. This is going to effect those in the future who have phones and damage them due to accidents. Everyone who has a damaged screen and wants to replace it will now 'HAVE' to spend an extortionate price for OEM. This patch doesn't just effect us that currently use aftermarket screens, this effects EVERYONE who is unfortunate enough get a damaged screen.